Phots app with strange photos - did not sell/lose any devices

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrjosh, Dec 2, 2015.

1. mrjosh macrumors regular

Hi all,

Last night we found some pictures in the Photos app (Mavericks) that we did not take and were not in our collection as of last week. We did not sell/lose any of our devices so someone else should not be connected to our account. Here's the odd part (to me, at least) - the photos are dated July 2010. No idea where they came from.

We do use picturelife as a photo backup, but I did not see anything recently downloaded from picturelife.

Any ideas?

2. mw360 macrumors 65816

mw360

What are they pictures of? The words in your post don't conclusively rule out you having taken them and just forgotten that you did so. For example you don't say that they feature people you don't know, or foreign-looking places you have never visited. Maybe they do, but not mentioning that seems a bit strange so I had to ask. Don't take offence, we can only solve the mystery using the clues on the page.

3. mrjosh thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. I definitely do not know the people/places in the photos. The photos were taken in a restaurant kitchen including their stock room and prep area. I have not been in a restaurant kitchen, possibly ever. Also, they were tagged on the same day that I did take photos while my wife and I were home.