Pick up or delivery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sootie, Sep 16, 2012.

?

What will you do on launch?

1. Pick up

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Delivered

67 vote(s)
    89.3%
  1. sootie macrumors member

I tried to order from apple after midnight on the 14th but they were saying 2-3 weeks and then I tried ordering from AT&T as an alternative and got the order through but apple wants it so all credit information and shipping information match. So I got screwed out of that, so I decided to tough it up and wait in line on launch day, but seeing how many people ordered on line, what are the odds heaps of people will try to wait in line on launch, I'm going to AT&T!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Pick-up is like going into an area where there has been a 2 month famine and food is being handed, chaos.

3. sootie thread starter macrumors member

Not nearly as many chose pick up meaning that might be a viable option

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Considering the first batch of orders sold out soo quickly, I bet there will be plenty of people showing up on launch day, unfortunately. Good luck, though.

5. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

Both? I ordered it online to be delivered, but I'm going to hold it at the UPS office and pick it up when I can on Friday. UPS man comes to my house so late.

6. CatsTide macrumors 6502

Really depends on where you live. Where I live for past Three releases there have only been a handful of folks in line when the store opened. Apple stores will be much more crowded than carrier stores.

----------

They ship FedEx

7. dagored macrumors 65816

Does not look like it this time. Check the "Shipping" thread. All UPS in the US right now.

8. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

If you think it will be easy to pick up on friday you are kidding yourself.
    Preorders sold out in 45min. So that means there is a HUGE!! Demand for this phone. And since the preorders went so fast, many people are going to stand in line just like you are thinking of.

If you do,

1. Get there early. Like 8-10 hours early. You will want to be in the first 25 to ensure the model you want

2. Bring a chair. It get old standing or sitting on the ground

3. Make friends with those in front and behind you so that you can resume your spot if going to the bathroom.

4. Plan your location. Apple stores will have the most stock but will attract the most people. Keep in mind places like bestbuy or the carriers but understand that in Years past stock has been limited in those places. (they may get a lot but may not be the color or capacity you want)

5. No matter what, don't under estimate the demand for an apple product. Just when you think you can slack, you will find that preorders sell out in 45min and you are planning to stand in line all night.
    Then again, you already know that :)

9. sootie thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice, my hope is to go to an AT&T store bypassing apple. I'll check the AT&T store around midnight launch day, I just can't picture people camping outside an AT&T store, apple of course but I'll have to see

10. alohamade macrumors regular

alohamade

Delivered. I live on the Hawaiian island of Kauai, where there is one AT&T and no Apple Store. If there was an Apple Store here, I'd totally do the pick up, but since I'm here for the moment + I have money to throw around + I hate lines here = delivered!

11. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Right, this poll clearly shows you'll be able to get one on launch day at no problem. :rolleyes:

12. TLewis, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

TLewis macrumors 65816

This.

Having sure things come to you is a bajillion times better than having to go out and hunt for something, not knowing if you'll get what you're looking for.

Anyone who waits in line falls into one of the following:

• Is doing it for the experience (and not the iPhone). (Not that there's anything wrong with waiting in line if you want the experience. In the San Jose area, for example, you might end up sitting next to Steve Wozniak. :D)
    • Is a hardcore Apple fan.
    • Is being paid to do it.
    • Is bats**t crazy. :p
    And, for the crazy poeple, this is an oldie, but still applies to the iPhone 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

EDIT: lol, I rest my case: http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/17/iphone-5-line-photos-5th-ave/