Picked up my iP4 at Softbank - B-Mobile/Docomo not worth it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patent10021, Aug 14, 2010.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68030

patent10021

Two week wait
    Serial No. 84032~
    32GB

Was originally holding out for the white one but couldn't bare it any longer as I use my iPod Touch / iP4 for studying Japanese and need turn by turn GPS.

I was also holding out because Softbank's infrastructure here is not so great once you get out of the city. Docomo has the best network. B-Mobile is selling SIMs for the iP4 & iPad to use on Docomo so I held off picking up my phone for a couple of days while I did some research on this new B-Mobile deal because having a factory unlocked iP4 without a contract sounds pretty good. I was going to buy an iP4 from Apple Canada (factory unlocked) then use it on Docomo.

B-Mobile is a prepaid system plus the data is very slow @ 300 kbs. Softbank's speeds are normal data rates for smart phones at about 7mbs. (is that the correct abbr?) At any rate, it's not worth it to go the B-Mobile / Docomo route right now. It's better to wait for 2011 when things get really interesting if you want to use Docomo.

My iP4 rocks. I LOVE it. Not one lost bar or dropped call. Must be only ATT&T in the USA. A lot of people making something out of nothing.

Best device in the world right now.

Way to go Apple :apple:

2. halisray macrumors regular

yeah I hear a lot of problems with AT&T and the US network.. being in Canada I have no dropped calls and the reception is fab.. also from fellow canadians I hear that the reception is fine.. I think AT&T is just ****?

3. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68030

patent10021

We've seen the videos about a gazillion times. Non-issue for me and everyone I know in various countries around the world with an iPhone 4. Not to mention you can replicate the "issues" on other smart phones. Are we really talking about this again? LOL

Btw, somehow I thought I backed up my iPod Touch before it got water damaged. I restored from an iPod Touch backup to my new iPhone but it's totally different than the back up I remember. I backed up my iPod Touch after iOS4 was released but my restore here is a backup prior to iOS4.

I'm pissed because I had tons of study apps I need to locate again.

I guess I'll have to open my iTunes account to see what I downloaded and MANUALLY download the **** again.

GRrrrr

4. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

The video was only posted in response to your saying, and I quote, "Not one lost bar or dropped call. Must be only ATT&T in the USA." as well as the second poster saying "yeah I hear a lot of problems with AT&T and the US network.. being in Canada I have no dropped calls and the reception is fab.. also from fellow canadians I hear that the reception is fine.. I think AT&T is just ****?"

The point of the video was to show that it is not only a problem on AT&T since I am also in Japan and on Softbank.

By the way, don't bitch about someone posting info about the reception problem when you yourself brag about how you have "Not one lost bar or dropped call." You bring up the subject, don't complain when someone post about it in agreement but then have a problem with a posted video disproving your pet theory that it's just AT&T. Grow up.

5. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68030

patent10021

Ah no....if you grab MOST smart phones in a way that interferes with the antenna you COULD get a loss of bars/signal. As with ANY radio signal.

This has only been hammered home about a trillion times in the past months.

I'm saying that the problem of dropped calls and bad reception is an AT&T thing. No one in other countries seems to have the problem except for a few people like you who don't know that the same radio interference can be created on all smart phones.

I didn't say the issue doesn't exist. How can you NEVER get a dropped call or bar when using a MOBILE phone???!!! LOL A mobile phone is a radio signal. There's bound to be interference.

I'm saying that it's American customers who are blowing the thing out of proportion. Posting videos on YouTube of people placing keys on an iPhone to make it drop bars etc.

Grow up gaijin.

6. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

You need to work on your reading comprehension. You're just sounding idiotic by contradicting yourself and changing your story now.

If you want to be clearly understood maybe you should mind what you type.