Pics of BestSkinsEver install (feel free to contribute better shots)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by joneildu, Jul 2, 2010.

1. joneildu macrumors member

Sorry for the very shallow depth of field, I shot at f1.8. The skins fits really really snugly. Feels a bit rubbery (I guess can be good or bad). Seems less slippery. A lot of small dust particles and stuff stick to the side. The orange peeling effect is minimal, and not noticeable at all when the phone is lit. I tried to get a picture of it, but I didn't really have enough light. Too lazy to go outside to shoot it. I like it, a lot. Especially for the price. Very easy wet install.

Attached Files:

2. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

3. joneildu thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, but they're really noisy. I'll need to get out and shoot at ISO100 and try to get a better DoF.

4. joneildu thread starter macrumors member

Here, these should do it.

Attached Files:

5. dojoman macrumors 65816

Does it improve reception issue if you have any?

6. joneildu thread starter macrumors member

I guess it does, but there isn't really a reception issue. If you hold it with chuck norris hands, it's going to attenuate no matter what skin you use. This is an external antenna, you hold it, it's going to attenuate. How many bars you drop, well that depends. There's no real answer to the question you are asking.

7. bobright macrumors 601

I'd like to know this as well.....waiting for mine in the mail to find out!!

8. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

orange peel.

9. Error Type -43 macrumors member

Do you work in Apple's PR dept?

10. dojoman macrumors 65816

I don't have to hold it like chuck norris but mine drop from full bar to one in 20 seconds. I have this on ordered but wondering if it's really worth it to install the metal band since i see no point of it except to improve signal issue.

11. joneildu thread starter macrumors member

Read this. http://www.anandtech.com/show/3794/the-iphone-4-review/2

There's no answer to his question. The phone is going to attenuate with a bumper, with a skin, naked, wherever. How many bars you drop will depend on location.

The reason you drop from 5 bars to 1 is because you are probably sitting at around 90dBm and attenuating about 25. If you put a case on it and hold it rather naturally with no death grip, you'll probably attenuate 10 or so, which would put you at 3 or 4 bars. Really depends on the algorithm they use for bar reporting after the update.

12. artofdesign macrumors member

Lol.

OP, thanks for thread and pics. Excited to get mine.

13. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Better than I thought.

14. StandardMeth0d macrumors member

StandardMeth0d

Thanks for the pics! Makes me more excited to get mine… How long did it take to receive them after you ordered?

15. katyoshi macrumors 6502

I wonder if these improved over previous versions. After a while, they seemed to get "dull" looking. Such as lint all over the sides, slight yellowing, and the screen would look "junk". It did protect really well against scratches though. I had BSE on my 3GS and MBP, but took it off for sticky reasons and on my MBP, for some reason it started to give a yellow hue. I took them all off and my MBP is just kept in a incase black sleeve where ever I take it and my iphone 4 is naked totally. However, you can't beat the prices of BSE! Don't get me wrong, these things do stick on and last very long. My sister still has hers on her iPhone 3G since 2 years ago and MBP since one year ago!

16. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

I really would like to order a BestSkinsEver for my 4, but I don't like the idea of making my own solution. I'm afraid I'll get too much soap in the mixture and it not turn out good.

17. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I had one on my white iPhone 3G and after about a month I had a yellow-brown iPhone 4. Yuck.

18. Jayp03 macrumors newbie

Many people have been successful applying the skin with just water. The reason they want you to add soap is to make it a bit slippery so the skin can be slid into place. Just using water means you might have to lift the skin to adjust it.

Soap makes it easier but it isn't mandatory for proper installation.

19. eTip macrumors 6502

Wait, the BSE turned your 3G into an iPhone 4? Count me in! ;-)

20. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

Looks good and well priced, just ordered a full body kit for my phone.

21. hatersgonnahate macrumors 6502a

always been happy with BSE.

i dont like bodyguardz, my 3g expereince with them isnt the best. customer service isnt the best either.

just go with bestskinever. plus its cheap. customer service is top notch.