Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rayzor311

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
I'm not sure if anyone noticed but if you look at the materials used on the actual iPhone camera and flash, the website shows an aluminum trim around the holes for both phones. My black iPhone appears to have a smaller black ring around the camera lens and no trim around the flash hole. The flash hole appears more flush vs. the recessed flash hole with an aluminum trim shown on their website. Refer to the 6th picture on the iPhone main page where it mentions the iSight. Was wondering if this was the same case as the white version.

Last edited:

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
The Apple website shows the trim matching the anodized color of the aluminum band/back.

My black iPhone 5 has the slate colored trim around the camera lense and flash like in the picture. I think the picture might show it as being a bit larger than it actually is but it's there.

Here's a close up photo from iFixit they took while doing a scratch test on the camera lense:

TtHVxROIoZboVDfv.huge

Looks like Apple's pictures to me.

jsnuff1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2003
NY
its an optical illusion...if you hold your phone in the same angle it looks like the flash is recessed but there is a cover over it you cant see well. There is a ring as well but its hard to tell on the black version.

rayzor311

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
I think i figured it out. It's not the angle. I think they photographed it without the protective lenses to eliminate reflection. That's why they looked different.

theking79

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
they are not photos of the phone on the website, they are PSD's/vectors that look realistic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.