[PICS] *Perfect* iPhone 5's

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sir Ruben, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

With all the banged up, smashed, scuffed, and bent iPhone 5's on this forum you may be reconsidering the purchase of an iPhone 5. In reality its usually just the bad stuff that gets posted on a forum. I look at some of the pics and if I didn't already have 2 perfect phones they may well put me off.

So in light of that I present both my black/slate and silver/white models (which have been used naked I might add) for your viewing pleasure! If you look after the gadgets you own, then THIS is what you can expect to see, enjoy :D:

Silver & White:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black & Slate:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im not planing on going naked for good though (no point in tempting fate!) so here is the case that I will be using. I'm really fussy about my cases and wont use shells etc as I have seen these actually scratch the sides of phones when taking on and off. This case is super soft inside, and the pull flap magnetically closes when the phone is inserted:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ARSC macrumors 6502

3. Nightarchaon macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

Am i the only person who wants a Black front with a silver back...might have to buy two and make a black/silver for myself and a white/slate for ebay. :D

4. dndandrea macrumors 6502

I've had 3 mint ones in a row. I bought my dad and I a black one and both were flawless. Then i traded my black one for a white one and it was flawless.

5. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

in process

Attached Files:

6. bob24 macrumors 6502

There are at least two of us :) (but I would think many more)

I find the all black one quite boring (not to mention damage prone), at quick glance it could easily be confused for a random Android phone. To my the polished aluminium of the white one looks much better.

On the other hand I want a black from to have the screen fade into the phone when it is off or displaying a letter boxed image.

7. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Forgot to mention the leather pouch is very tight for the first few days. It eases up quite a lot after that and the overall quality is superb.

8. bob24, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012

bob24 macrumors 6502

It probably wouldn't look great due to the cutout for the white home button and in the speaker area, but I would be curious to see a white one with this on it: http://store.moshimonde.com/ivisor-xt-black-for-iphone-5-273.html

9. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

The white one breaks my heart every time I see it.

I really want it but alas, I have no money :(

10. bob24 macrumors 6502

Have you found any good solution for the front of the phone?

11. Killa k macrumors newbie

Wer did u get that wallpaper on the the black iPhone it looks sweet.

12. Stinja macrumors regular

2 black iPhones, 1 white iPhone. All purchased for members of my family, all flawless.

13. magnificent me macrumors member

magnificent me

Like your choice of case/pouch. Neat. I have been looking for something I like, its just a shame how long deliveries take to the United Kingdom. The search continues :p (using my bumper till then)

14. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I would post pics of mine, but yesterday I noticed the annodization rubbed off on one corner. It's now a shiny silver. Think I'll drop by Apple today and buy Applecare+. :D But either way I'm not too worried about it, it's just a useful tool....despite the shiny corner.

15. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Your SIM card tray on your black iPhone is slightly recessed and not flush... Not a big deal but just wanted to point that out... Nice phone otherwise!!

16. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Wasn't looking for flaws, but nice pics!

These solidify my decision to have white even more

...that silver back and the bottom area (silver speaker grills)/sides/white antenna bands :cool:

17. iAi macrumors 6502

18. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

way to be a Debby Downer.

19. iAi macrumors 6502

20. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Haha yeah that wouldn't bother me.

Not as cosmetic (in terms of scuffs, messed up portions) but the home button on the black is looking not flush/seamless with the front glass. Could just be the lighting and angle though.

The one on my 5 is flush (but most iPhone's I've owned of all generations have had the detached button, it's just variance on that part). I could live without easily, but it feels nice when you have it. Like the way the phone was designed. I just need Zephyr back is the bottom line.

----------

I like the idea a lot! Where'd you get the carbon fiber from and does it leave scratches/residue on the glass?

Might want to rock this with my clear frost Diztronic TPU

21. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

sweet i was wondering what he iphone looked like..........:confused:

22. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

perfect example of the anal/ODCness of the forum. There are people out there with *real* issues with their phones who are overshadowed by mental cases complaining of irrelevant things like this.

"I measured my phone from top to bottom and my friends phone is 1/10,000 of a nano-meter larger than mine... WTF Apple? Where's the consistancy?"

23. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Hey, the OP posted that he had perfect phones and went along to show close up pics of said phones... So I think I did him a favor to let him know that his phone isn't perfect! Mine has some slight blemishes out of the box but I was ok with them... I don't use a case with mine but I have carbon fiber back and side appliqués to keep the back and sides from scratching so I can hopefully have great resell value next year... To each their own!

24. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I thought I'd point out that the soft internal material can trap dirt and also scratch your phone. I had a Sena leather holster/pouch that worked with my original and 3GS phones which I liked it alot.