Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hanwei

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
Cambridge, MA
Just for anyone wondering how the iPhone 5 looks with the SGP Ultra Crystal screen protector.

You basically can't see it. The phone looks and functions as if it's naked. I had the same screen protector on my black iPhone 4 as well. So far, no one has ever noticed that either phone had a screen protector on it until I told them.

:cool:

IMG_1068_zps4a890c4f.jpg

IMG_1022_zps394fcf0f.jpg

IMG_1031_zps0f98dc9f.jpg

IMG_1048_zps19a5750f.jpg

IMG_1059_zps7c389d6b.jpg

IMG_1064_zps72ab5f3d.jpg

IMG_1000_zps9e3ae388.jpg

IMG_0969_zpsa8e8ccf3.jpg

chele519

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
Looks nice, how was it to install? From the post below, sounds difficult. My last phone was a Blackberry so i had a best skins ever on there. That's a wet install so it was easy to move around.

timychann

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Looks nice, how was it to install? From the post below, sounds difficult. My last phone was a Blackberry so i had a best skins ever on there. That's a wet install so it was easy to move around.

It looks like a dry install, so you can use the hinge method.
Also, do it in a steamy room so that the dust doesn't settle as easy on the screen and always have tape near by to lift up the screen protector again and then use more tape to dab at the area with bubbles.

BB.King

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
London UK
Also, do it in a steamy room so that the dust doesn't settle as easy on the screen and always have tape near by to lift up the screen protector again and then use more tape to dab at the area with bubbles.

Very true, steam up the bathroom (hot water through shower head is the quickest).

Also helpful if you got a can of compressed air handy, very cheap on Amazon or eBay.

MarlboroLite

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
the 13 colonies
I got the same screen protector as Power support is still not selling them....i'm quite happy with it, it's indistinguishable from the PowerSupport film i had on my i4.....

Why have the back films not been made yet? I would like to protect the back as well....not just the screen, ESPECIALLY since the aluminum will scratch far easier than glass....

chele519

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
It looks like a dry install, so you can use the hinge method.

Can you explain what the hinge method is? Mine is getting delivered today so want to put on tonight. Thanks

JoshObra

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Los Angeles
That's beautiful. I was nearly drooling on every picture.

It almost looks like nothing is installed! Well done!

I just ordered my Ultra Crystal last night and should be in the mail by tomorrow!

AceMason

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2009
That looks really nice! I wish they had protectors for the back out. Does anyone recommend any?

fupresti

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
You have a discoloration on the bottom of your device. You should start a thread and question the build quality of your phone. Threaten to return it as well.

jhu2

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
anyone know if there are any local retailers that have spigen protectors in stock? i.e. att, vzw, best buy etc... thanks!!

brokenbuyer

macrumors regular
May 7, 2011
So I know a lot of people are loyal to PowerSupport and waiting on their screen protectors.

Is it really worth the wait?
Isn't SGP practically the same thing at $14 shipped?

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Looks good! I have it on my old 4S's and they are all scratched up but at least it saved my screen. I think the 5 is much tougher screen but I am still going to protect it just in case. Thanks!

Hanwei

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
Cambridge, MA
I messed mine up. BOTH of them! :mad:

Oh man! Sorry dude.

Like other's have said it's a dry install... and if you use a good technique, it's pretty painless. I install my screen protectors exactly like SGP suggests in their install video. Works every time for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jlnUae50WU&list=UUUvIsQMxWWJ_1ajxu5plOFw&index=44&feature=plcp

I got the same screen protector as Power support is still not selling them....i'm quite happy with it, it's indistinguishable from the PowerSupport film i had on my i4.....

Why have the back films not been made yet? I would like to protect the back as well....not just the screen, ESPECIALLY since the aluminum will scratch far easier than glass....

That looks really nice! I wish they had protectors for the back out. Does anyone recommend any?

I wish SGP would put out a matching UC back protector as well. I'd pick one up in a second. For now I'm putting on a premium leather backing from Valentine Goods (http://www.valentinegoods.com). It shipped today and should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. I'll post pics once it's installed.

That's beautiful. I was nearly drooling on every picture.

It almost looks like nothing is installed! Well done!

I just ordered my Ultra Crystal last night and should be in the mail by tomorrow!

Thanks! You'll love it.

You have a discoloration on the bottom of your device. You should start a thread and question the build quality of your phone. Threaten to return it as well.

:D

So I know a lot of people are loyal to PowerSupport and waiting on their screen protectors.

Is it really worth the wait?
Isn't SGP practically the same thing at $14 shipped?

I wouldn't wait. If you do enough reading online you'll see that people who use either are VERY happy with their choice, and that people who've used both don't see much of a difference... ie: Both are awesome.

Go for the SGP. You won't regret it.

Offshore1

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009

Although not a fan - Zagg has them. Front and back protection. Got them at AT&T store Fri. Couldn't wait to rip off the Zagg screen protector once my SGP got here. The SGP is just like a Power Support screen only thinner(?) and will show micro scratches. But overall, I like the SGP.

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Although not a fan - Zagg has them. Front and back protection. Got them at AT&T store Fri. Couldn't wait to rip off the Zagg screen protector once my SGP got here. The SGP is just like a Power Support screen only thinner(?) and will show micro scratches. But overall, I like the SGP.

SAME EXACT sentiment here. Except I couldn't wait. I ripped it off after a mere few hours and tossed it in the trash. Ordered a SGP Oleophobic protector last night. Can't wait for it to come. I don't feel good with the screen exposed. Going caseless as usual though.

Massa

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
SAME EXACT sentiment here. Except I couldn't wait. I ripped it off after a mere few hours and tossed it in the trash. Ordered a SGP Oleophobic protector last night. Can't wait for it to come. I don't feel good with the screen exposed. Going caseless as usual though.

HAH! Me three! My Zagg shield stayed on for 4 hours. Ripped it off, and ordered an Ultra Thin Air case from Amazon. Comes with a free SGP shield too! ;)

chele519

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
What is the best way to clean off fingerprints occasionally with this protector? Just a microfiber cloth or can you use LCD cleaner?

Kelly682

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
East Coast
I have this on my new white iPhone as well. First screen protector I've managed to install without one spec of dust/bubbles. Although its slightly off center, I can deal with it. I did try to lift it with tape, and re-center it, but it pulled the top film off instead. So whatever. Its on, flawless, just slightly off center maybe 1/2 a millimeter or so. No one can even tell its there. Perfect. :D

Screen protector came with my Ultra Air series from Spigen. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.