Picture files transferred to computer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gmhag, May 29, 2012.

1. gmhag macrumors regular

This may be a stupid question but does anyone have a good way to transfer all of your photos on your iphone over to your computer in file form. I have a macbook pro and have used icloud to sync with photostream but it doesnt put a file on my hard drive. Is there any way to do this?

It is frustrating that i have this awesome camera on my 4S and about 400 photos that i would like to keep but dont know how to get them off in an effective way. Sadly, even thought the camera sucked, getting photo's off my blackberry was much easier....removed the miniSD and put it in the laptop...presto

2. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

You can use iPhoto and download the pictures to your computer. You can get to the files from iPhoto by right clicking on it and selecting "Show File".

3. gmhag thread starter macrumors regular

Do you update the photos in iPhoto through iCloud / photostream or through the syncing process through iTunes?

4. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

The way I do it is as a separate step. I connect the phone to my computer and launch iPhoto (it may launch automatically based on your settings) Then I select the device & import the photos into iPhoto.

5. gmhag thread starter macrumors regular

Gotcha. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Your photos are already in the cloud so I'm not sure why it's being suggested to you to get out the USB cord.

Just log into iCloud inside iPhoto and turn on Photostream. iPhoto will download everything from your Photostream and save them in iPhoto.

If you don't see that setting you may have the older iPhoto and would have to buy the new one on the Mac App Store. Then it's up to you if you want to do that or, as was suggested, to go back to just using the cable.