Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
The store is located in a developing shopping area in Highland Park/Dallas, across the street from a Crate&Barrel. It gets a lot of traffic, and is located in an area that is unusually (for Dallas) pedestrian. Restaurants, furniture stores and luxury apartments/condos surround the area, It's about 10 minutes, 4 miles from downtown Dallas.

It was a dreary, rainy day, and I only made it there by 4 pm. There was still a crowd inside, but maybe because of the weather, there was no line outside.

Attachments

• applestore.jpg
    applestore.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 353

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
I would love to see Apple Stores around Europe... In every capital city there should be an Apple Store. With the good looks of the stores that you guys have there, it would be a sucess around Europe!

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
just wondering...where is it located specifically. kinda looks like where preston road turns into maple or maybe the knox/henderson area.

boy, if there ever was a town ripe for switching people from pc's...now if we could only get the HP moms to trade in their suburbans...

zoetropeuk

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2002
Oxford UK
MMMMMMMMMMM

That's one awful looking Apple store. I thought Steve had standards, obviously not.

They could have atleast rendered the brickwork, they could have made it look like a cube instead of a box !!!!!!!!!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I believe Steve is putting stores in the areas with a high Apple customer base already.

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
Originally posted by 3rdpath
just wondering...where is it located specifically. kinda looks like where preston road turns into maple or maybe the knox/henderson area.

boy, if there ever was a town ripe for switching people from pc's...now if we could only get the HP moms to trade in their suburbans...

It is exactly as you said, on McKinney/Knox.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by wdlove
I believe Steve is putting stores in the areas with a high Apple customer base already.

Well, that's brilliant, isn't it? i thought we were going for switchers???

i'm not even going to bitch anymore about how there's not one for 4 hours in any directio. just know that i'm *always* bitching inside...

and yes, that's incredibly ugly. i'll assume they'll redo the outside once the store turns a profit.

pnw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.