Picture message issue on 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shandyman, Apr 19, 2012.

1. shandyman Suspended

my friend has recently started having problems receiving picture messages on her phone, now receives them as a link. She's on T-Mobile (UK). i thought it was either due to MMS being off or lack of space, but neither of those.

Any thoughts?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd call up her carrier and see if there's something they need to change on their end.
    I hated getting that link with the login and password just to view your MMS message on the original iphone 2G days.
    There's no reason that should be going on still with a 3GS. Its fully capable of receiving and sending MMS.

3. shandyman thread starter Suspended

it was working fine the other day, literally just started doing it, she's been able to receive MMS fine for a year and a half now. TMobile customer support are pants lol

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Have you tried sending an MMS from the phone?

Often this updates the network's systems and makes them realise that the phone can receive MMS.

5. shandyman thread starter Suspended

yep that did sod all. like i said, it sent and received them perfectly fine for the last year and a half, just literally worked the other day.

----------

ahhh reset network settings did the trick! i knew i was forgetting something to try before coming here lol.

6. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Hey did you try and reset the network setti....Oh right, I see. ;)

Glad you got it up and working.