Picture of new MacBook Pro (directly from Apple's site)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sfgiants320, Jul 14, 2008.

1. sfgiants320 macrumors member

Hey everyone,

New here, looking forward to the new MacBook Pro (yay for school! :)). I found an interesting picture just now on Apple's site....go to http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/design.html and click on the last picture under "Power takes shape." It looks like a new MacBook Pro with what appears to be a glossy black strip around the screen and a grayish-black design. Are my eyes deceiving me, or could this be some kind of leak? :confused:

2. dantherevelator macrumors regular

3. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

I think your eyes are deceiving you. Plus, the new MBP is rumored to have a magnetic latch.

4. atluten macrumors 6502

It's just the lighting that makes the photos appear that way.

5. techage14 macrumors regular

techage14

you mean this one?
    [​IMG]

i dont think so.
    it just looks like a shadow.

6. sfgiants320 thread starter macrumors member

Wow! New to posting (although I've combed through these forums for a while now) and I'm shocked by how quick people replied. Thanks for the quick replies...guess I'll keep dreaming :p:eek:

7. Yixian macrumors 65816

Wtf, I just noticed the return key, my MBP has a big upside down L one, did they change this at some point?

8. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

The L-shaped Return key is the Europe variant. The picture shows the US keyboard.

P.S.: yes, it's the current MBP... a very cool picture of the current MBP :D

9. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

10. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

but if you look at this picture
    [​IMG]

it looks the same as the current design, it would be a pretty sweet redesign if it looked like that first pic though

11. Xavier macrumors 68020

Yes they dimmed the lighting to show off the back-lit keyboard.

I would welcome this change though, looks good.

12. Draeconis macrumors 6502a

They're both images of the current range 15.4" MacBook Pros.

13. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's the lighting, along with the reflection of the desktop that gives it that color.

14. Chinashaw macrumors member

new design

To be honest, a new design had better be more than a new colour scheme and a couple of rounded corners. That is a lovely photo of a laptop design that is a tad old, so does the trick, refreshes the look with no actual work.

I want a new MBP though have one at the moment, so can afford to wait until October or whenever his holiness deigns to put something new out there. But please can it be a redesign that is actually one, rather than a paintjob.

15. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

It's a very touchy subject for me, I really don't think that the current MBP design can be improved much with current technology. It's a very fine line IMO between sexy and attractive, and ugly and obnoxious. I really hope Apple doesn't screw the MBP design up (make it look like that uglyass MBA).

Don

16. Kyouya macrumors member

Its all about lighting. I remember my macbook pro on bed(with fall leaves pattern bedsheet). A little portion of it was covered by bedsheet and the light from bedroom lamp was shining on it...damn it was so sexy..

17. lordthistle macrumors 6502

That image has spent the last 8 months (at least) on the apple site.
    It has always been like that.

If you look at the picture where it is closed, you might think that SINCE THE SCREEN IS NOT WARPED then it represents the new one. The simpler answer is that they did not want to show the warped screens.

thistle