Picture quality of iTunes music videos on a 17 inch unibody Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by keysersoze311, Mar 11, 2009.

1. keysersoze311 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Sorry, I made a similar thread about DVD quality, but it's really the quality of music videos I'm most interested in.

I currently own a black 13 inch macbook, and I spend a lot of time listening to music through it, and especially watching music videos that I have downloaded from iTunes.

I think the quality of the music videos is great. They look really good on my macbook. No complaints at all.

But, I'm considering upgrading to a 17 inch Macbook Pro, and I'm paranoid that music videos aren't going to look great. I really want to experience my music videos on a big screen, but I don't want them to look rubbish.

I'm not sure exactly what quality the iTunes music videos are, but they're definitely not HD, and they may well actually be worse quality than DVD.

So, I'm quite paranoid that my music videos aren't going to look great on a huge 17 inch screen. Are my fears justified?

Does anyone here have the 17 inch macbook pro, and if so, have you watched any itunes music videos? How do they look in full screen?

As a side note, I think it's a great shame that the 17 inch macbook has this awesome full HD resolution, but no blu-ray drive, and no 1080p film downloads on iTunes. Seems like a real shame.

Cheers

2. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

I just watched Lil Wayne's "Let it Rock" on my itunes. Its a bit pixelated but not that bad, its okay full screen. If you want it perfect like your macbook just don't make it full screen, make it the size of your macbook when watching it. I don't mind watching these full screen though.