Pictures attached to e mail.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsf721, Oct 15, 2012.

1. jsf721 macrumors 6502

Can you attach multiple picturecs from the camera roll to an e mail. If so how ?

Tasks

2. KandyKane macrumors 6502

1. You can go into the camera roll, open up the picture, long press and 'Copy'
    2. Go to mail, new mail, long press and 'Paste'
    3. Repeat step one with new picture and paste below your first picture.
    4. Keep doing that until you've attached all your photos, or annoyed enough :)

3. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Which iOS are you on? In previous versions you could go to the camera roll first, select up to 3 or 5 pictures I think, and then choose to email. In iOS 6 you can do that or tap and hold the screen (in the email) until the "Select | Select All | >" option comes up, tap the arrow button and select insert picture or video. Unfortunately you have to repeat this for each picture.

***EDIT*** just checked, I was able to select up to 5 pictures in the camera roll and still choose to email them (at least while on wifi, and it may also depend on how large the pictures are in the first place)

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

1. Go into the camera roll or photo album and press Edit.

2. Tap as many photos as you want to email.

3. Press Share and Mail.

You can only send emails of a certain size, so if all the photos you have selected are too large you will not be able to send them in one email; Share > Mail will not be available.

5. bhigh8 macrumors 6502

this!! its way easier in ios6. go into the email and touch blank space and select insert photo.

6. gentlefury macrumors 68030

In ios 6 you can tap the blank area of the message and select insert photo or video:

Attached Files:

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Well lookie here. I just learned something. :D

On mine you have to press the right arrow form that pop-up to get to insert photo or video.

8. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

^so do I. That's why I put it in my step. I wonder what I'm doing different. I have no text on the message when I'm doing this except for my sig. Maybe that's it.

I honestly think this is faster if you have several smaller pictures you want to email and know you want to do it before you start the email. Of course photo stream has almost eliminated that need for me.

9. KandyKane macrumors 6502

OMG!
    I've been doing it the long way this whole time, when did that come out? ROFL

10. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You can have Select, Select All, or Paste first depending on what's in the email and whether you have something in the clipboard.

----------

With 6 I suppose. I had no idea either. :D

11. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Yep, just tried deleting my sig off the email and then long tapping. It brought up the insert image right away. Oh well. one small extra step I don't mind.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Just came out with 6 haha.

13. KandyKane macrumors 6502

14. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

This way you can only load 5 pictures...

----------

Choosing the 5 pictures first seems like the "Fastest" way to send pictures.. the other method of selecting one picture at a time is similar to the old way to me... unless I'm missing something.

15. sou1 so1di3r macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

WHAT!!!!!!!

how did I just find this out? lol

16. jsf721 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!

----------

tHANKS!

17. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I agree. I think it's faster to choose up to 5 as well. If Apple would have implemented this same choice from within the email (using the "insert pic") that would have made more sense and been nice to use if you decided part way through writing an email that you wanted to send some pictures.