Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Megauliani

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
I have a 4s on 5.0.1 jailbroken. For some reason I can only view pictures I receive via text/iMessage if I save them then go to the photo app. I see the small preview in the text but when I click on it to view it larger it's a black screen with the option at the bottom to save/copy. Once I save then I can see it in photo app. Any ideas what could cause this or how to fix it?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I have a 4s on 5.0.1 jailbroken. For some reason I can only view pictures I receive via text/iMessage if I save them then go to the photo app. I see the small preview in the text but when I click on it to view it larger it's a black screen with the option at the bottom to save/copy. Once I save then I can see it in photo app. Any ideas what could cause this or how to fix it?

I had the same problem when I had PhotoAlbums+. Do you have that installed?

(by the way, you should have posted this in the iPhone hacks section)

JMG

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
I assume you have already reset your phone to see if that helps any?

Megauliani

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Yes I have photo albums+ installed, I'll try uninstalling it now n rebooting. Thanks a lot. Sorry for posting in the wrong section. "photo album was the problem. I guess I'll have to find a replacement.

Last edited:

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Yes I have photo albums+ installed, I'll try uninstalling it now n rebooting. Thanks a lot. Sorry for posting in the wrong section. "photo album was the problem. I guess I'll have to find a replacement.

Yeah I was disappointed to find out it was the cause. Let's both email the developer to let him know about it and maybe he'll find a way to fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.