Pictures of scratches, dents, dings, chips and the like on your new MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kingofthehillab, May 9, 2015.

1. kingofthehillab macrumors newbie

Please post your pictures! It will be particularly interesting to see how the gold and space grey versions are faring relative to the traditional silver one!

P.S. I'm still patiently waiting for my delivery!

2. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Why would a new MacBook have any of these? Seems like a flame bait thread. If you're unhappy with yours when you get it feel free to post but why incite others?

3. PDFierro macrumors 68040

4. kingofthehillab thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm afraid that you have misinterpreted the question; it's not to suggest that the new MacBook arrived damaged, but to see how they wear when people use them in day to day life.

And as I said, I am still waiting for mine to arrive.

5. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Yea, scratches INSIDE the USB connector. Oh my. Who would imagine that happening?

----------

Don't you think you'll see that anyway? Why post this now? Unless it's a sticky it's unlikely to consolidate those posts. Instead it smells of trolling or stirring the pot. This forum already has enough negativity. Real problems get pushed off the first page and were left with a bunch of hysteria. Sorry for the rant.

6. kingofthehillab thread starter macrumors newbie

Because I am interested in the answers and perhaps others are too! Perhaps it would influence and/or inform peoples' colour selection choices - including mine, though I already have the gold variant on order at present.

I understand that it may be frustrating that this and/or other public forums are not constructed in your image. Please do feel free to ignore this thread to help alleviate some of those challenges.

7. tutux macrumors member

tutux

Valid question for people who got a black iphone 5... With horribly noticable scratches.

I assume the question is to know if after a scratch the macbook looks ugly :)

8. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Well we all know that people unhappy with their MB will post about it so all you need to do is search.

I'll ignore the thread as you suggested but I disagree with your assertion that I want a forum suiting my ideals. As I said, post if you have an actual issue but nothing of practical use can come from your question. Assuredly, there will be people who abuse the MB and will scratch it all to hell then come here and say they babied it. You will have no way of knowing what kind of use equated to what type of wear.

Just stating my opinion. Carry on folks. You won't hear from me any more.