Pictures of Usage

golfesv

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
How is everyone taking pictures of the Battery Usage on the iphone? Are you using a seperate device or can it be done on the phone? I want to post mine.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
How is everyone taking pictures of the Battery Usage on the iphone? Are you using a seperate device or can it be done on the phone? I want to post mine.
Settings>General>Usage>Scroll to the bottom.

Take a screen shot and viola.

golfesv

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
how do you take a screen shot on your iphone? its my first iphone btw

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Hold the sleep/wake for 2 seconds and press the home button. You'll hear a shutter sound (if you're not on silent mode) and you'll find the screenshot in your photo album.

golfesv

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
I tried to do it but sadly my phone died before it worked. I was getting well over a day stadnby and over 7 hours use with LTE off location off and bluetooth off...Another question since it is dead I am charging it off now when it shows the battery indicator as well as the time/date/day is that off or do I need to shut it down completely if so how can you tell its done charging if off completely? I am new so please be kind.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I tried to do it but sadly my phone died...Another question since it is dead I am charging it off now when it shows the battery indicator as well as the time/date/day is that off or do I need to shut it down completely if so how can you tell its done charging if off completely
Keep it how it is. A tap of the home button will bring that up again I believe.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
hm i have heard it does not trying to argue but I might start a thread on this. I appreciate your help and input.
I assure you, it doesn't matter whether you charge it on or off. Remember, lithium ion batteries don't like being left to charge while at 100% or left to die completely.

golfesv

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
I assure you, it doesn't matter whether you charge it on or off. Remember, lithium ion batteries don't like being left to charge while at 100% or left to die completely.
So that being said don't let it drian completely? Or should I only drain it once or twice a month. If so should I charge it when its only half battery? Please explain.