Pictures of Wrapsol on a 13 and 11 MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by robby818, Nov 8, 2010.

1. robby818, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010

robby818 macrumors 6502a

I applied wrapsol to a 13" and a 11" MBA. There have been requests for pics so I am posting a few here along with a link to see more. The wrapsol is a frosted or matte film, and it's different in this sense from zagg or bestskinsever. It is not entirely invisible. I think the MBA sparkles a bit more with the wrapsol. I took the pictures with a ceiling light almost directly overhead so the sparkle effect is quite pronounced. In normal lighting, it is hard to see the film and it can almost disappear. I've been using zagg and bestskinsever on a lot of my electronics for 2-3 years now, but I got turned on to wrapsol when I was looking on these forums for iphone 4 skins.

The coupon "chatter" will save you $10.

More pictures: http://yfrog.com/n4img0411mpjx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Not bad, it looks pretty good except for the hand rest area. I would like it to cover the sides too of the kb so it looks more uniform instead of the just palm rest. Thanks for sharing, I might end up getting it and just applying the exterior.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

There is absolutely no need to covere the entire aluminum keyboard area. I personally love the look.

4. rubberwheels macrumors member

Thanks! I had a choice between this or the invis shield. i love wrapsol! it isn't glossy!

5. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

6. davidexcom macrumors newbie

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It's the pics. I've had an air with a similar skin and it's not glittery.

8. robby818 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think the flash is making it look more glittery than it really looks in person. This pic. is a little more accurate of how it looks.

[​IMG]

9. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

Looks pretty nice, minimal
    does it protect from scratches well?

also, thanks for the coupon code!

10. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

Palm Rest Area

Just to add.
    I used Wrapsol for my 13" 2010 MBA since it came out (Wrapsol customer rep said to me that I was among the first person who ordered the product). Inside the package, I found the entire palm rest area protection. Including the ones that the OP didnt cover (besides the keyboard, to be precise). I suggest you talk to customer service and request one.

Just a thought I want to share. BTW, nice pictures!

11. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

Since you have had it longer i guess ill direct my question towards you.

How scratch resistant is it?

12. robby818 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think it is good for your typical scratch scenarios. I am careful but I have done things like drop usb cables or the magsafe connector on the lid by accident and it causes small knicks in the Aluminum. That's why I got the wrapsol and I think for that type of stuff it should be fine. I like something on the palm rest bec. the Aluminum is kind of cold to the touch.

13. robby818 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's funny..I could not figure out where those two rectangular pieces went so I didn't put them on. Thanks. :D

14. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

That's the area I wanted to be covered to to have a more uniform matte look. If it comes with that, I'll order it. Thanks!

15. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

Thanks for the reply, im leaning toward buying this, espicially after getting that coupon :)

16. jaeguyoon macrumors regular

Thank you for the pictures! Your pictures made me purchase the wrapsol just now... lol. :D

17. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Can it be removed? Does it damage the finish if you remove it?

The website doesn't say anything about how to remove it or if its even removable.

18. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

19. loslosbaby macrumors member

Wrapsol's site indicates that there are no MBA13 (current gen) wrapsol's available.

How do you order it?!

G.

20. MacUser09 macrumors regular

I had the same problem. Someone said its because I was trying to order the "Ultra" skin rather than the normal one.

21. ayuchan macrumors newbie

What i'm seeing is "wrapsol ultra is not available for this product at this time"
    But i could still put it in my shopping cart. So what does that mean?

22. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

They have 2 different products for iPhones...original and Ultra. The ultra doesn't have a matte finish but it covers more of the iPhone.

For the MBAs, there's only the original so far I guess, so you can add it to the cart because you're ordering the original and not the ultra.

23. KandyKane macrumors 6502

You turned your MBA into a sparkly vampire!!
    Haha, jk. It looks good, don't like how the palm rest isn't uniform but if it comes with other parts then that sounds good.

Would like to know if anyone has had the warpsol and removed it and what happened to the finish?

24. robby818 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It peels off. I would recommend using a little soapy water on a sponge to ease the removal process.