Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rscott788

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2015
The other night I took a bunch of pictures on my iPhone. I have it sync to my Photos library in iCloud, which then pushes it to all of my devices (mac, iPad and iPhone).

On all of the devices, including the iPhone I used to take the picture on, the photos in the Photos application are out of chronological order. Interestingly (at least to me), is the the photos are in chronological order on the photoroll on the camera app on the iPhone.

If anyone has an idea as to why this is happening and how to fix it, that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
Photos “show all” uses original date to sort. If you are comfortable using command line tools, you can use exiftool to find the various dates. Photos show some of the dates but not all. I’m putting in 6k curated pictures and fought the date problem for several days. I have scanned images and old digital camera pics. Once I learned about 4 commands in exiftool I was able to sort out date problems. One of my problems was that Windows overwrote the original date but kept the modify date. So I had to take the modify date and assign it to the original date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.