Piece of **** kills someone after going to wrong apartment

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by TechGod, Sep 7, 2018.

1. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

2. webbuzz macrumors 68000

webbuzz

The cop will go to jail as she should.

3. TechGod thread starter macrumors 68040

TechGod

Great news!

4. rafark macrumors 6502a

rafark

Poor man murdered for chilling on his own apartment. The cop should pay.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

She should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

6. JackieInCo Suspended

I just don't understand how someone goes to the wrong apartment thinking its theirs. I lived in an apartment once for about 9 years and never once thought the apartment next door was mine.

7. statik13 macrumors regular

statik13

Guns don't kill people, bad people with gun... oh wait...
    Remember, guns don't kill people... bad people kill... oh wait. Somehow I doubt she was a bad person. She wasn't in the right frame of mind, made a mistake, had easy access to a weapon and the victim payed for it.

8. TechGod thread starter macrumors 68040

TechGod

This so much. Yeah sure the gun literally didn’t walk up and pull the trigger itself but it’s a deadly weapon handed out willy nilly to cops and don’t they even get some of the military’s old stuff in some cases?

9. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I think this officer needs to be punished to the full extent of the law. We can't have people like this putting good men and women with a badge at risk of more hate.

Too many are killed by the hatred that spreads from the bad seeds.

10. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

Being a police officer is not a particularly dangerous profession in the grand scope of professions. I wish this "alternative fact" would go away.

11. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Do not count on that. It may happen, but there are entirely too many cases where that does not happen. She is apparently being charged with manslaughter. We'll have to see if that sticks or if a judge or jury whiffs on it and lets her off with a slap on the wrist, as happens all too often.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 7, 2018 ---
    As many of us have pointed out over the years, it's not even in the top 10 dangerous jobs. And most cops who die "in the line of duty" are killed in traffic accidents and the like. Last year was the 2nd lowest in 50 years for police deaths. 44 were shot and killed. By comparison, they shot and killed over 1000 citizens.

12. borgranta macrumors 6502

borgranta

Her actions seem possibly insane since no sane person would knowingly invade the wrong apartment especially since she would have no way of knowing whether an occupant was ready to kill an invader. Perhaps rather than risking acquittal due to her confusion the judge and prosecution should consider having her locked in an institution indefinitely due to insanity.

13. TechGod thread starter macrumors 68040

TechGod

WOW!

The ****ing mental illness excuse? Did you see that she was drunk? And used her gun without any hesitation?

14. Sackofnickels Suspended

Sackofnickels

We can only wish people had the same empathy for all those Black victims that "had something in their hand" before being shot.

Right Frame of mind? Made a mistake? We have NO information about what happened and you are already showing sympathy for the cop?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 7, 2018 ---
    Kind of makes you wonder about how many "insane" officers are out there? How many of them have shot unarmed black people?

15. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Where’d you see that she was drunk?

16. darksithpro, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018

darksithpro macrumors 6502a

I don't buy that Cops story for one minute. Cops are trained to look for things out of the norm. The possibility that this dudes apartment had identical furniture to her's would likely be close to impossible, as soon as she entered and turned the lights on she would've immediately known she was in the wrong place. Also, he left his door unlocked late at night doesn't make sense either, once she would put her key in the lock it wouldn't work either. This reeks of some type of personal relationship that ended in murder. It's a shame it will be covered up. Pulling her personal and work cell logs and his would reveal the truth, also if his neighbors have seen her go into his place before.

17. TechGod thread starter macrumors 68040

TechGod

She was coming from a bar and was tested for drugs/alcohol onsite.

But does that even matter? She still deserves prison for murder but will only get manslaughter
    --- Post Merged, Sep 8, 2018 ---
    He didn’t leave it unlocked at night. She kept knocking and said that she’s police and to open up.

He opened it, a small argument ensured apparently, then she murdered him.

18. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

I think the article you listed lacks the facts pertaining to what actually happened. There's a lot more to what has transpired than a Cops recollection of events. I think the FBI SHOULD get involved immediately and pull cell records and interview neighboring witness ASAP.

Sounds like they where intimately involved.

19. TechGod thread starter macrumors 68040

TechGod

How were they involved? Where did you get this idea?

20. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

I believe they might have been lovers, sexually. Perhaps he cheated, or broke up with her. Domestic violence occurred and she killed him. That is my guess...

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Drunk maybe?

22. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I don't care if you consider it an alternative fact. It might not be one of the most dangerous professions but hatred towards it rises when officers do stupid **** like this.

That worries me. Especially if they protect this officer. Which is why I want a strict sentence for her.

23. statik13 macrumors regular

statik13

No, I'm not showing sympathy. She deserves zero sympathy.

I'm saying drunk, stoned, jealous, angry, suffering from PTSD or bat-****-crazy. The common factor was she was in that state and had easy access to a deadly weapon. It's a bad combination and an innocent man is dead because of it.

24. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I didn’t see the bar part. I think they do a blood draw in many cases when there’s an officer involved shooting. As far as the difference between murder and manslaughter, the facts of the case probably have something to do with the charge. She certainly deserves to be convicted, at least based on the information we have.

25. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

To be completely fair, many of them have also shot and killed a lot of unarmed whites and Latino's. The police are nothing, if not equal opportunity killers, according to the stats.
    Precisely. Murder requires premeditation and that's just not here, unless someone can prove she intentionally entered his apartment with the intent to kill him. There's a lot we still do not know about this, but making the case for premeditated murder is going to be really difficult. That's likely why they went with manslaughter as the initial charge.