Pink tint on monitor connected through Promise Pegasus

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iVoid, Dec 8, 2011.

1. iVoid macrumors 65816

I just got a new Promise Pegasus R6 12TB array and have a problem with the display. They are working on it, but I thought I'd ask here.

When I hook up the Pegasus to my early 2011 MBP 15" with Lion 10.7.2, then hook up my Viewesonic monitor (VT2300LED) I get a pink tint on the monitor. I can adjust the color controls somewhat, but nowhere near getting it to look normal.

I've tried it going to a Sony TV, same problem.
    I've tried two different thundebolt cables, two different Apple MDP to DVI adapters, several different combinations of cables to go from DVI to HDMI.
    Both displays work find when connected to the Thunderport port directly.

The same thing happens on another MacBook Pro early2011 running 10.6.8.All the latest thunderport updates and firmware updates applied to both.

While I wait for them to get bck to me, any idea what might be causing this and anyone see the same problem with the Pegasus or other Thunderbolt devices?

2. mgrip macrumors newbie

Same problem here...Did u figure sometiing out?

Have exactly the same problem right out of the box. When my HDMI to Thunderbolt cable connects directly to MacBokk Pro Panasonic Plasma works just perfect...when i chain it through Pegasus R4 all look pink/purple tinted...!!!

Got any answer to that? I already contacted Promise but still waiting

thanks

3. RisforRobots macrumors newbie

Same problem when using Lacie Little Big Disk

Just got the Lacie LBD 2Tb ... getting the same thing, pink tint on my external monitor when passing through the the HD ... any solutions on either of your ends?

Early 2011 MBP 2.3Ghz i7 w/8GB running OSX 10.7.3

4. mgrip macrumors newbie

I got a solution but it is not what i was actually looking for.
    When i connect Pegasus to external Panasonic Plasma through HDMI i get pink tint. So i tried to connect it to the DVI input of my Panasonic and it worked.

So through my tests so far it seems like

MINI DISPLAY PORT to DVI and DVI to HDMI cable on monitor messes colors
    MINI DISPLAY PORT to DVI adapter DVI to DVI cable on monitor works fine

Only problem is that now my Panasonic is been only recognized as a DVI monitor...meaning i don't have all the flexibility to set it up as 1080p monitor with MACBOOK PRO Graphics card settings since its a DVI connection.

Anyone else has the same HDMI TO MINI DISPLAY through Pegasus not working but DVI to mini display on Pegasus working?

Really weird glitch i have to say!

5. nzvideoguys macrumors newbie

Exact same problem

I have a MBP 17" latest model and I just connected my Panasonic 50" Plasma via Thunderbolt to HDMI adaptor through a Western Digital 6TB Thunderbolt hard drive. Colour is very pink/purple. If I plug the HDMI adaptor to the Panasonic direct to the MBP Thunderbolt port, bypassing the hard drive port, the color is fine. Any solutions guys?

6. Lastmboy macrumors regular

You can add me to the list. I had two Benq 24" monitors connected to my 27" iMac via minidisplay to HDMI adapters. Both worked fine. I just got my Promise Pegasus R6 today. I disconnected one monitor from the iMac, connected the Pegasus in it's place, then connected the 24" monitor to the Pegasus. Now that 24" monitor is extremely green and pink. :eek:

7. iVoid thread starter macrumors 65816

BTW, I eventually switched to a direct MDP to HDMI adapter from Belkin and that resolved the pink tint issue.

For some reason, going MDP to DVI then DVI to HDMI caused an issue with the Pegasus.

8. Lastmboy macrumors regular

Must be a DVI thing. I'm just using a MDP to DVI adapter and I get the pink screen. I'll have to track down a MDP to HDMI and see if that works better.

9. TimTheEnchanter macrumors 6502a

TimTheEnchanter

No color issues for us.

New MacMini Server -to- Promise Pegasus R6 12TB -to- cheap-ars dummy display (DVI) via KVM switch

Been hooked-up for 3 months or so without problems.

10. Lastmboy macrumors regular

It appears the problem is caused by the DVI adapter. I switched it today for a mini displayport to HDMI adapter, and now everything looks great. No more pink and green.