Pittsburgh, PA (Shadyside)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Skamori, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Skamori macrumors newbie

Shadyside, anyone?

I've never attempted to go to a launch before but after my Best Buy pre-order became not-so-unexpectedly delayed, I'm considering it. The temptation of something new and shiny might overcome my hatred of early mornings. :]

2. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

If white iPhones are available at the Apple stores on launch, I will stop by Shadyside store after work. I'm only a little more than a mile away from it. I am not getting in line in the morning this time. I did that for the 3G, but ended up leaving because it was moving way too slow. I stood in line for about an hour and a half and it barely moved. I went back after work, and the line was much shorter. I was able to get a phone and probably only waited for less than an hour.

3. Revolver1978 macrumors newbie

I'll be there in morning, but only because I'm off work already and the Coffee Tree is nearby . . .

4. JPyre macrumors 6502

I'll be there early, hopefully it'll move just as fast as the iPad 3G launch. Prolly not tho :/

5. kakemix007 macrumors newbie

hey Jprye I will be there early as well... if you get thsis message before tonight hit me with a pm.

6. Skamori thread starter macrumors newbie

I've decided to pop up and see how bad it is, worst case I just high tail it back to bed. I hope the coffee shops open up early...

7. The ArchAngel macrumors regular

I may drive by in the morning on my way to work and see how bad the line is, but probably will just come back later in the day if it looks bad. Anyone who wants to grab a cup of coffee before or after let me know.

8. jp102235 macrumors regular

line forming in shadyside right now

yea, I saw a line forming already.... (as of 2:15pm)
    good luck!

9. The ArchAngel macrumors regular

Drove by around 7:30 tonight and the line was already a solid 25 people.

I'll still probably drive by on my way to work in the morning. If the line isn't much worse (possible given the rain tonight) I might hop in line.

10. nulambhbk macrumors newbie

There are 2 people in the reserve line. I'm guessing 60 in the walk in line. It's wrapped around the building almost as far as Shady Grove.

11. JajoPGH macrumors regular

What's the scene like now? Please update if you can. I might go to Apple if Best Buy falls through.

They're calling for rain this morning. I wonder if that will hamper the efforts of some.

12. nulambhbk macrumors newbie

There are about 70 in the walk in line right now. Reserve line is about 10.

13. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

Sounds like more people waiting for iPhone 4 than 3G. Good luck everyone. Hope you all get good phones.

14. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Can anyone take a picture of the line? I used to live out there before I moved out to CA and I bought my 3G at the South Hills Apple Store, but I did a warranty trade at the Shadyside one once. I haven't seen the area in a long time and just wanted to see what it's like. Thanks. :D

15. The ArchAngel macrumors regular

I heard the line was at least a few hundred people long this morning around 6AM, so I'm not going to bother. Might stop by tonight and see how things look but I have more or less resigned myself to ordering one online.

16. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

I heard on the radio that there was over 500, I'm not so sure about that though...

17. jp102235 macrumors regular

@8:00 Am, I rode by and the non-reserve line stretched to negley, while the reserve line was (going in the opposite direction -to the right-) was wrapped around to bellefonte - well past shady grove (I couldn't see the end from my vantage point)

check twitter for timely updates, seems the line goes to howe st. here is a pic: http://gowalla.com/checkins/11091452/a1

18. The ArchAngel macrumors regular

Anyone have any updates from the Shadyside line? Have they run out yet?

19. Skamori thread starter macrumors newbie

I was there from 4am until 1pm and successfully snagged an 32gb. I know when it opened up at 7:00am I was around 80 in the non-reserve line and by their counts at that point they had just enough 32gb for the people currently in line with, presumably, more 16gb. When I left they were just about to do another recount and I'm betting will end up cutting off the line.

The reserve line was about two blocks long and I'm not sure about the non-reserve. They were also letting about 3 reserves in to every 1 non-reserve so it took from 8:30 to 12:30 to get from the corner to the Apple Store…By the time I left it seemed like it was picking up, however.

20. JajoPGH macrumors regular

Damn that's quite the line! Glad you got yours! :eek:

I had mine reserved there, but went to Best Buy instead since I had a pre-order there too. Basically I was in and out.