Pixels are more visible on my IPhone 5S than 4S and my wife's 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clandherr, Oct 16, 2013.

1. clandherr macrumors newbie

I just recently received the 5S and after having it for a few days I have noticed that the pixels are way more visible on the 5S when compared to my wife's 5S or even my 4S.

I have read older threads about interlacing issues on the 5 and I have used the image to test for this problem and everything seems to check out OK.

Just curious to see if anyone else is noticing the same thing or if this is me just seeing things. Perhaps the screen is just sharper so the pixels are more visible??

2. Raibyn macrumors regular

Raibyn

3. clandherr thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Raibyn macrumors regular

Raibyn

You have the "interlacing" issue then. It should not flicker. Try it on your wife's too. I have one 5s that flickers and one that does not.

5. clandherr thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, hers doesn't flicker and mine does. I knew I wasn't going crazy. Do you know if Apple will let me test the new phone before I walk out?

6. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Sounds like you might have interlacing.

I had that on three of my 4S'. Drove me absolutely crazy.

7. ant the ninja macrumors regular

ant the ninja

Mine flickers like CRAZY if I hold it down like I am going to save it...what does this mean? I dont notice a difference on anything else though...

8. clandherr thread starter macrumors newbie

If you don't notice it on anything else I wouldn't worry about it. I can just see the interlacing issues on app icons like the default mail app. To me the best I can describe it is that it looks pixely/grainy. I can really notice it on the video play arrow and it drives me crazy.

So, if you are not noticing those things and images look good I wouldn't bother swapping the phone.

9. Kidder1994 macrumors regular

my one only flickers when i try to save the image into album, it doesnt flickers at all if i set it as wallpaper or anything else e_e so i believe it got interlacing, but not to the extent to get a replacement :/

10. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

You are holding your new phone too close!:eek:

11. clandherr thread starter macrumors newbie

So, went to Apple yesterday and replaced the phone with a new one. It looks much better and the screen doesn't flicker with that image anymore.

I will say several of the apple employees tried the image too and most of theirs flickered as well. You could tell that they know it is an issue which is why they didn't questioned me about replacing the phone.

12. Raibyn macrumors regular

Raibyn

Glad you were able to get a good replacement. Sounds like you got lucky.