Pixels/grid in my iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MaulRx, Jan 20, 2013.

1. MaulRx Suspended

I can see individual pixels and its really annoying. I exchanged for a new phone thinking it was just a defect but the new one does it as well. The apple people at store told me it was a glitch in my iCloud backup and to not use it. I started over fresh(which was a pain) and still the same thing. Is this a common problem? Any ideas?

2. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

How close are you looking at your screen?

3. MaulRx thread starter Suspended

4. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

It's the same pixel density. There won't be a difference in that. Where do you notice it. Everywhere? Certain Apps? Pictures? Words?

But seriously, unless you're getting bad screens of some sort, it's the exact same pixel density.

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Can you get a picture or a screen shot of what you're talking about? You can "see individual pixels"? In what manner? Unless you have super-human vision, you will not see the grid of pixels like you would if you got right up to say your TV or something. The iPhone 5's pixel density is the same as the 4 and 4S, so unless you're also seeing it on a 4, your doing something wrong. Is the 'zoom' feature on perhaps? It's in with the Accessibility options.

6. samven582 macrumors 6502a

what you are experiencing the infamous scan line issue

7. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I've not heard of this. Must not be too infamous...

8. MaulRx thread starter Suspended

Best way to describe it is looking at it through the screen door

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Can you get a screen shot or photo?
    Did you check the Accessibility options to make sure you didn't somehow turn Zoom on?

10. MaulRx thread starter Suspended

Zoom isn't on, was like this out of the box. Can't post a picture, it's my only camera. Screenshot moved to my MacBook doesn't show the grid.

11. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Then the screen is defective. Should not be like that. There should be no visible "scan lines." The iPhone's display is not interlaced, so that phenomenon shouldn't be seen. If you're seeing an interference pattern, then the polarizing filter was not properly aligned when the display was manufactured. Get it replaced. No amount of software tweaking will fix it.

12. MaulRx thread starter Suspended

That's what I thought, odd that I got two in a row with the same problem though.

13. samven582 macrumors 6502a