Places that say they support Apple Pay, but when you go in the store, they don't

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nouveau-apple, Nov 4, 2014.

1. nouveau-apple, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014

nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

Many companies have seemed to change their minds.

Over before it began? To my knowledge, so, why is everyone deactivating Apple Pay? Does it not work correctly? And what did they do about the double charges? How long is that going to take to get sorted out?

2. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

Only two companies! Everyone else pulled out, did they? Somehow I doubt that.

3. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

CVS and Walgreens. Isn't it strange?

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Huh? Where on Earth are you getting this figure of only 2 companies left? There are tons of companies that support it and the number is growing every day.

What a useless post.

5. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Like where? I thought they all deactivated them.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You might want to get your facts straight.

Walgreens did not pull out, they are a big Apple Pay supporter.

CVS and Rite Aid do not support Apple Pay because they have a deal with CurrentC creator MCX to solely support CurrentC. However, the executives at MCX have just said that within a few months, stores supporting CurrentC will begin to support Apple Pay as well (so Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, etc.).

----------

Yeah, no..I'm not sure where you're getting your information from but you might want to stop listening to whomever that is.

Check out the list here: http://www.apple.com/apple-pay/

And that's not even all of them, just a few partners. Any place that supports NFC payments supports Apple Pay.

8. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh, then it's only one left?

9. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Isn't this guy a troll? I seem to remember him spreading false info in other threads too.

10. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Huh? Again, what are you talking about?

There are hundreds of companies that support Apple Pay. If they have NFC support, and do not currently have a deal with CurrentC, then they support Apple Pay.

11. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yes, Apple. :p

12. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

13. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

I don't think any companies that were official partners have "pulled out" -- it's just the that some of the companies that had NFC readers in place that happened to work with Apple Pay decided to disable use of the readers due (apparently) to their agreement with CurrentC.

14. Lefty21 macrumors regular

15. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh, wait my bad. I had the wrong information.

16. oddnendz macrumors 6502

oddnendz

17. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yeah..I'd say so.

18. farmkittie macrumors 6502

Sometimes you have to experiment...

Today I went to Subway for the first time after the Apple Pay launch. Just took my phone because it's an official first-wave Apple partner for APay. No other customers in the store (dead time of day). So when I got near the register to pay and I didn't see anything looking vaguely like an NFC reader I though, oh-oh, out to car to get wallet.

I asked the employee if the store took Apple Pay. She said "No". She said that she could push a button and some phones could work. i see a QR box appear on the old-fashioned-looking car reader screen. Noooo, I don't think that's going to work for me. I ran out to car and got wallet. Still no other customers else I wouldn't be holding up the line like this. This time she totals it up and I see the NFC symbol instead of the icky QR code. I ask if it's ok if I run out to the car to get my phone again. Still no customers. She says, "ok". I bring in Phone and put finger on my Touch ID.

Cashier says to other worker: "That's the weirdest thing I've seen in a long time". I say, "You mean me running out to the car and back a few times {grin}"? She said, "No, the way you just held your phone up and the receipt came out on my register."

So, what I've been finding is that sometimes I have to persist to see how a particular store chain does the Apple Pay. I only experiment when no one is in the line behind me.

Macy's has been the only store that has asked me to sign after I use Apple Pay.

It's been sort of entertaining testing at various stores to find out who's in and who's not.

19. Seannyb macrumors member

Seannyb

OP is such a troll. I think this thread can be deleted...

20. deeddawg macrumors 604

Just a thought... maybe do a little research before posting? Try getting facts straight and understanding the things you're posting about?

It'll help avoid you appearing so utterly clueless that you get pegged as a troll...

21. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Second this!

22. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Need to tell the cashier to press the credit y. She pressed the mobile key instead which shows the qr code.

23. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Unbelievable that people continue to make this mistake and can't learn from this forum. Just say "I'd like to pay with credit."

24. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It's entirely possible they tried, failed, and came here and learned. I highly doubt that they read about saying credit here and just decided to omit that part...

It's more unbelievable to me, that large companies don't send a quick memo for managers to tell their cashiers "when people want to pay with Apple pay, what they mean is run credit". That would be simple, it would go a long way to make customers happy, and it requires almost zero effort on the corporation's part.

25. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That member has made several posts a day daily for the last few weeks. If you visit this forum that much, you can't get away with not getting the memo, especially after three separate threads by another member making the same mistake and not learning from it.