Plame was ‘covert’ agent at time of name leak

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, May 29, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

msnbc

so now we know.

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Too late to have any impact. I wonder how the wingers are going to spin this one?

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh boy. Of course it comes out now. Too little, too late.

4. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

And the White House has the balls to wear American flags on their lapels. Can you really comprehend the implications of this? The WH gave up an intelligence officer, solely for political gain. Bastards.

5. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Yeah. I can't think of many things less significant than whether this woman was a covert agent or not. I hope our CIA can recover from the loss of her irreplaceable skills.

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

That was too easy.

7. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i can't think of anything more backwards than your "take" on things. maybe you're not serious. i don't care anymore, you're ignored.

8. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

OK, cut the crap. No one can post such stupid drivel and still tie their shoes. You have been funning this group the whole time, right? Admit it and let's all move on.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

We knew before. We've always known. This is just another in a long line of proof she was.

If Hillary Clinton did this, you'd want her head. You're a partisan hack, all there is to it. Libertarian my ass. Any Libertarian, any true Republican, any patriotic American, would be pissed about this. They outed an undercover CIA agent for political reasons. Are you actually saying you put party before country and have no problem with this? Really? You wouldn't have a problem if it was you?

Thankfully the other 70+% of us do have a problem with it, and will do everything we can to keep people like you out of power in the near future.

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Your political views belong in the playground.

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

And yet, despite everything we say and do, it just doesn't seem to sink in. We can post links, well reasoned responses, pointing out his hypocrisy and about how wrong he is, but he'll be back to post more of the same, and we'll start all over again. Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth it. Deaf ears and all.

This is probably going to be the part where he makes a snide remark that has nothing to do with anything, and og says something about nobody caring what my opinion is. :rolleyes:

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

He's just baiting. He can't be so stupid that he actually believes what he says.

13. aquajet macrumors 68020

Let me guess: it's always been your dream to be a secret agent, but you couldn't make the cut for whatever reason. So now you're bitter that a woman is probably better than you. Is that it?

14. janey macrumors 603

janey

This has nothing to do with her skills. Whatsoever. Stop focusing on the irrelevant.

On the flip side, I think MR could recover from the loss of a certain other person's oh-so-irreplaceable skills...

15. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

LOL. No one cares what your opinion is, solvs. ;)

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Once again, as long as it furthers agendas you favor, you have no standards.

17. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Considering the CIA's damage assessment was never released or leaked to the public we don't know the full damage of this leak yet, if ever. One thing's for sure though, if it had only been the loss of Plame's job, it would have been leaked/made public so the administration could trumpet that she may have been covert but she wasn't working on anything that needed to stay covert and no harm came to any person/operation as the result of the leak.

It wasn't just Plame that was outed, her cover company was outed along with any other agent who was working for that cover company, and all of the sources Plame may have had that she had spent years forming a relationship with.

We will probably never know how many operations/agents were compromised from this or if anyone was captured/killed as a result, but the fact that the CIA damage assessment has not been released/leaked makes me very suspicious that it is far worse than an agent being outed while home from assignment.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

But Swarmlord thinks that's OK. Her husband was criticizing our king! He had a war to start, ya know. It's her own fault, she should have kept her husband on a shorter leash. :rolleyes:

19. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

That has always been one of my favorite subtle smears in this whole debacle. Not only did he get sent to Niger via nepotism, the subtle hint that he needed his wife to get him a job. There is a certain subset of the conservative base that still seems bent on keeping women, barefoot, pregnant, and obedient, and by getting a job through his wife somehow making Wilson less of a man which would definitely cause damage to his credibility in some circles.

20. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

If it's your job to gather intelligence, wouldn't you want absolute reliability
    from the person gathering that information?

The truth is that Cheney wanted this war, no matter what.

21. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Does anyone seriously think that the occupation of this woman wasn't known by the international spy agencies before this so called leak. You guys are cracking me up.

At least she's free to track down the forces of Kaos and probably doesn't need her Cone of Silence anymore.

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Nice dodge- try again. :p BTW- you need to speak up- it's hard to hear you when you've got your head buried in the sand.

23. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Yummm. Yellow cake - with chocolate frosting!

Excuse me. Phone call coming in from Moose and Squirrel.

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Rush Limbaugh called- he wants his ignorance back.

25. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Do you work for international spy agencies? How do you know what they knew?

The fact that the CIA still had her classified as covert would be evidence enough that the CIA did not think she was compromised or that she had enough connections to other operations that they thought would be compromised by removing her covert status.