Planned Parenthood trafficking in fetal tissue? not all it seems.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Jul 18, 2015.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

there was a video that came out that tries to make it look like pp is selling baby parts for a profit. but the org that did it was well known for highly editing video to reflect their anti abortion stance. but now it looks like even more lying and the GOP may have already known about the vide and are faking their just now outrage.

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politi...renthood-video-months-before-it-was-released/
    GOP SENATORS KNEW ABOUT EDITED PLANNED PARENTHOOD VIDEO MONTHS BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/planned-parenthood-sting-video_55a92205e4b0896514d11ac9?

2. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

That there's even a market for this tissue is disgusting to me. It's not enough of a loss of dignity to the unborn that we allow them to be murdered. But we also have to sell them off piecemeal?

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Sold for research by patients who donated the bodies
    I don't see the problem
    Sold is not exactly the right term as there is no profit , PPH is only recovering the cost associated with the procedure of storing the fetus

4. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

They are not being sold so that argument is doa. So it betterment today burn there remains? It is allowing with them consent of the woman.

5. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Patients who donated the bodies? I'd like to see how you came to the conclusion that these "patients" donated their bodies.

6. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

So we need to get written consent from the fetus?

7. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    They usually harvest stem cells from first trimester embryos, though from what I understand, it's a fairly rare procedure.

Here's a question for you, SLC. If you had sperm from one male donor, ovum from one female donor, and were to combine the two in a test tube specifically to harvest stem cells, would that be murder to you?

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

It's gods will .

The mothers who discarded the fetus donated the bodies
    Some Vaccines were made from the use of fetus tissue.
    Don't vaccinate your kids if you seriously object to the use of fetus in research

9. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

They are being sold. Whether Planned parenthood turns a profit or not is immaterial. The fact of the matter is that these research firms are being allowed to purchase the tissue of humans who have been destroyed because someone didn't value them.

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

B.S. No-one claimed PP is selling fetal body parts for profit.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

See post 9:p

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

And you know this how?
    There are many reasons to terminate a pregnancy

13. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

thats a tough question that I'm not sure I have a fully formed opinion on. I can tell you I don't agree with such a practice, but I'm not sure whether or not I'd consider it murder.

14. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

Find the video that is going around. The GOP is freaking out and starting investigations.

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Tragic though it may be, the resulting research could help tens of thousands of people live fuller, healthier lives. A cure for cancer, a method to repair nerve damage, and countless other medical miracles could be made through stem cell research. Triumph could very well arise from tragedy in this situation.

16. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

All human organic transplanted are profitable today someone they're area soldiers for a profit. Medicine is not done for free.

17. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

"Profit" is the key word. Federal law bans the sale of organs.

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

So? Are you suggesting that the U.S. Congress lacks the power to conduct investigations?

19. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Can your parents have you killed and donate your body to science? How about a newborn?

The only justification anyone can offer as for why this is not to be considered the sanctioned murder of another human being is that an aborted baby hasn't reached some arbitrary point in development. Thing is; it isn't allowed to make it to that point so it's kind of a catch22 for the developing baby.

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

The topic is a tough one in general, and I don't think anyone here, whether they fall more on the pro-life or pro-choice side of the debate, has much love for the idea of abortions as a concept. It's a complicated moral issue where one side isn't necessarily more correct than the other. The sanctity of human life vs. a woman's choice regarding her body isn't a topic that can be solved with a single answer or simple platitude, and the rights of one side doesn't necessarily override the other.

It's the very definition of a no-win situation. Because no matter what you do, no matter which side you take, you're denying something else of equal importance.

21. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

No but they have let their's children die before cause of their faith is God's isn't thats better?

22. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

Abortions suck but we are not willing to do what it takes to prevent them in the USA Christian morals prevent the very thing Christian morals went to stop. We have to face the facts people have sex and are not going to stop so birthday control is the answer.

23. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The "arbitrary point" should be when the thing can survive on it's own outside of the womb and without machines. Before that, it's just a parasitic group of cells that's leeching off the mother's body. Giving more rights to a parasite than a self-sustaining, free-thinking organism makes no sense.

It's also asinine to force people into having kids they don't want. That just causes a plethora of other problems.

24. samiwas macrumors 65816

These people did.

25. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Agreed. It's absurd.

Further, if it's a "body", doesn't that imply that it was a life? And of it was a life that was taken, how is that not murder? Oops. Apparently, somebody forgot that words mean things.