"Planned Parenthood, We're Going to Get Rid of That"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Mar 13, 2012.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

There you have it, right from the horses mouth, on video.

Link

2. ender land macrumors 6502a

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I've heard him give a variation of that stump speech before, but not that specific. He's talking about programs that are popular with people. He'll appeal to the teapublicans, but good luck with the rest of America.

4. Zerozal macrumors 6502

So he's in favor of more abortions, then? :eek:

If the repubs keep up this antiwomen rhetoric, it will be an easy victory for Obama.

5. chris200x9 macrumors 6502a

You have to cut somewhere to fund preemptive wars.

6. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I agree. Libya was indeed expensive. It also appears you have to cut somewhere to continue wars.

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

well there are quite a few things wrong in what he said.
    For example the federal government has next to ZERO say on drilling for oil in the state of Texas. Reason for it is that there is very little federal land in the state of Texas. Most of the land in Texas is either privately own or owned by the state so nothing they could do to really push drilling in Texas.

Then you got the Planned parenthood stuff.
    The planned parenthood stuff is a vale to go after medicare and killing that off and paying for women's health. The abortion issue is just what they are using to justify it.

As for Obama care I fear the GOP would pull the nuclear option to do that which would be make filibusters impossible or only require a majority to stop.

I am truly scared what would happen if they get all 3 houses.

8. jnpy!$4g3cwk, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

"Planned Parenthood, We're Going to Get Rid of That"

And yet, the local media pointed to the "job, energy, deficit" part, not the anti-contraception part. The media are soft-peddling the turn-back-the-clock social agenda of both Romney and Santorum.

9. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The largest holder of American debt is .... America. China owns 8%. The man knows how to pander to fear.

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

All the GOP candidates have been pretty good about stoking the fear. That being said, so have the Democrats at times. Guess it's what politicians do best, sadly.

11. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

It would be nice to have a reference. http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/21/who-owns-america-hint-its-not-china/
    But then, that's all just fact-based reality. We make our own reality now.

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

of course he says that that's not what he really means. seems they say what they want then 5 minutes later say no that's not what I meant.
    so if one of these wonderful men start a war then right away say that's not what I meant to do is that ok?

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

To be fair to Willard, if you read his exact words, he says he's going to get rid of Planned Parenthood, but if you look at the context of his entire statement, he probably meant he was going to remove federal funding from it.

(Oh, wait a minute...that's context. According to someone in another thread, liberals like me don't like to present stuff in context. My bad! ;) )

Anyway. That said, I've no doubt Romney is pandering to the teapublican crowd and would cut whatever he thought he could get away with. He's still a threat to women's health issues.

14. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Well, he is a Mormon after all. And Santorum is a Catholic. How do those two religions view family planning?