Planning a Hawaii trip in early April 2015, when is the best time to purchase airfar?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MusicEnthusiast, Sep 5, 2014.

1. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

Hi all!

My girlfriend and I are planning a vacation to Honolulu in early April. We have done a ton of research and came up a good game plan. We are flying from LAX to HNL, Sunday to Saturday. We are limited to these days because it's my girlfriend's spring break from college and I have accrued vacation time from my job.

I have searched on Google about best times to buy airfare. Right now, prices for nonstop hover at about $735. Allegiant air is offering very cheap rates but after looking at reviews, we both got incredibly turned off (nickel and diming fees, common delays, etc). According to a study on cheapair.com, the sweet spot to buy tickets is about 84 days away (roughly 3 months from departure date). That's only an average, though.

Honestly, I don't know what kind of prices are reasonable to Hawaii, so that's why I came to this forum to get some personal experienced opinions on the best time to purchase tickets.

Also, if you guys know what kind of secret stuff I can do in Oahu, please feel free to let us know. Thanks so much in advance!

2. andrep macrumors newbie

Waikiki is nice, but crowded, the north shore of Oahu is stunning though. Have fun, it's a beautiful place:)