Planning on getting the 6 Plus, is it for me? (Is 1GB enough for my usage?)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Adriel, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Adriel, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014

Adriel macrumors newbie

So I'm back on this forum after 2 years since the iPhone 5 launched and I'm back here again since I need advice on the iPhone. So backstory I got the iPhone 5 at launcher September 22 2012 when it came out and I really like it, ended up selling it because of the scuff-gate episode and I felt that iOS was restricted at that time. So I ended up getting a Galaxy S4 when it was launched and at that time it was one of the top android phones around. I liked the customizability and stuff.
    However, after 2 years I have gotten sort of tired of the way Android works and I am tired of choosing which launcher to use and all the stuff to customize and I want a phone that just works while being elegant. So I immediately looked at iOS as to being my next phone.
    Though I already know most of you here are going to just ask me to get the 6 Plus, so I'm just gonna ask about the RAM. My typical uses are browsing the internet with 3-6 tabs opened at once and using normal apps like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and WhatsApp. The only game I might be playing would be Clash of Clans. Most of the time I will at most have at most 3 of them opened at once and has anyone who has an iPhone 6 tell me whether the apps refresh everytime you switch the apps? And how many tabs can you keep open at the same time without them refreshing with the 1GB RAM? The RAM right now is the only thing holding me back from buying. If it had 2GB RAM it would be instabuy for me so... yea.
    FYI I used the 3GS > 4 > 5 > S4 > ??? All of them were bought since around their launch date.
    And also the reason it says I just joined is that I lost the password for my old account and I find my old account's name stupid so I made a new one.

2. CoyoteRidge, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014

CoyoteRidge macrumors member

If all you're interested in is rearranging icons and renaming folders all day, the iPhone will be a great option for you. Welcome to the Crystal Prison that is The iPhone. No choice, no customization, no functioning brain required. In return you will receive a GREAT phone that WORKS without flaw !!!!! Thus far, Apple's formula has worked out well.

3. ArmyOfOne33W macrumors member

1 GB has been plenty of memory. I use my phone for a lot more then pushing app icons around the screen. I use Prompt to login and work on servers, Audible to listen to audio books to and from work, and many other applications. Got the 128 Gig version and loaded about 70 Gig of music on it. Watched three movies on it over the weekend as well. All loaded quickly and ran smoothly. Facebook app does this strange black screen and is obviously not Its snappy and I believe as apps continue to be optimized for the larger screen it will be even better. I've got zero concern about the memory.

I've used all the iphones for the original through the 6 Plus except the 5C and this is by far the best iPhone yet. You have nothing to be concerned about. If you still are, go to a local AT&T or Apple store and play with one for a bit. They have many additional apps loaded so you can test them.