Planning to buy a new MacBook Pro in June -- What should I expect?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MuscleNerd, Jan 19, 2009.

1. MuscleNerd macrumors newbie

From now until June, will there be any changes made to the MacBook Pro? Any announced changes?
    Possible price drop?

2. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Price drop - No
    Spec increase - Likely

Plus the Back-to-School promo will probably return and that means free/discounted iPods.

3. MuscleNerd thread starter macrumors newbie

wouldnt a spec increase mean a price increase?

4. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

No. That's how Apple have been the last few years. Hold the price but upgrade the interior - bigger HD, more RAM, better processor....

5. CTechKid macrumors regular

Nehalem mobile, 256 GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce GT 130M, Snow Leopard! :eek: :eek: :apple:

Hopefully before the end of '09! :D

6. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

You must be new to apple.

1. Changes = Speed bum, at that is only a possibility before June.
    2. Price - "Drop"......they do not have this term in their business model...
    3. Announced changes = Rumored changes, heaps of fake claims and alot of wishful thinking, apple never announce. And all this hype ends in people bitching that they did not get the next "dream machine" and that apple got it wrong....

What is guaranteed, 17" MBP sometime next month.....

7. MacFever macrumors regular

MacFever

I hope sooner and add USB 3.0

If Intel had a 90% loss in 3rd quarter of 2008...then I believe they may release this chip earlier than the date of 4th quarter 2009 to push revenues up.

people are not going to buy a new computer for just a minor upgrade of processing power...it has to be a signicant noticable change from current core 2 duo power.

The nehalem mobile chip has been in testing since 2007 so I'm sure it's just a matter of time...

8. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

Maybe no price drops on the apple site but why on earth would you buy from apple? Full retail price plus tax?

I have watched prices drop on the new unibody Macbook pro 17". Not a lot so far but at this point its down to $2,639.99, shipped and the price keeps dropping every few days.

Apple will sell this same laptop to me for 2,800+6% sales tax, so $2,968.