planning to use the heck out of MMS...to get back at AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by btownguy, Sep 13, 2009.

1. btownguy macrumors 6502

Anyone else out there planning to use the heck out of MMS just to get back a little at AT&T? More specifically, to get more of your money's worth for the OUTRAGEOUS text message charges?

I think the way AT&T charges for text messaging is outright predatory. I can't believe they can be so blatant about their charges. I mean really, with being charged for an incoming AND outgoing charge, anyone could easily go over 200. But to have the next tier at 1,500? Really? Nothing around 400, 600, or anywhere in the middle? 200 and then 1,500? Ridiculous.

So thanks AT&T. Normally, I might send the occasional MMS here and there. But since you are charging me and my wife $30 for unlimited texting (when we may otherwise send about 3-400/month each), yeah, we're going to use MMS...alot. I feel like I need to get my money's worth.

Anyone else feel like this?

2. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I feel sorry for att's cell towers come Sept. 25th. :(

3. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

What makes you think your texting plan will cover MMS? Jeez, how juvenile.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

5. jkb macrumors regular

jkb

if your wife also has an iPhone, i think you should be using my app to save you guys $30 a month. see my signature:)

OP could be correct. i remember reading on TUAW a few weeks ago that MMS will be included for free into your current SMS plan.

6. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

. I really hope so

7. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

yea all iPhone messaging plans include MMS now
    an MMS counts as a message, same as a text (not for all phones, but for iPhone messaging plans)

8. chgojcs macrumors member

9. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

My detailed bill shows a line item for MMS at 30 cents each.

10. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

this has been gone over a million times. MMS = SMS in AT&T land

11. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Read my last post, just once, no need to read it a million times. Yes, I have a messaging plan.

12. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

um because the text package i am paying for and have been the last year or so includes mms....

says so right on my plan

just that ATT has been preventing me from using services i am paying for

13. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

I say everyone sends 1024x700 photos that have what we are trying to say typed on them instead of using text. Oh and when you make mistakes feel free to retext the whole thing back. AT&T will have **** bricks before you know it.

14. jkb macrumors regular

jkb

uh.. you do realize that MMS uses the same network and same cell towers as data and voice use, right?

please don't try to take down AT&T network for the rest of us because you didn't get your MMS a few months sooner.

15. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

NO KIDDING!! When I did have MMS I used it maybe 5-10 times. It's not that big of a deal. Why try to take out a network? All you people will be the 1st crying if that happens. Grow up :rolleyes:

16. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

No one's going to take out a network. From what I can tell most are joking on here. Lighten up (not you personally).

17. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

There's a difference between a 1kb text message and 4mb picture. Besides I was only kidding I'm not one to complain about lttle things like 60% of people on here.

18. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Seriously, who gives a crap about MMS anyway? You can email a pic if need be. I think I feel the need to send like 2 picture messages a year.

19. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Uh............ the press release and AT&T's website that says it is no additional cost.

20. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I was wondering when someone would bring that up.

21. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Not all phones can email. There are more phones that can MMS than there are that can access e-mail.

James

22. xanatos macrumors regular

I dont use mms alot cause before while i was on tmobile it cost money for me

but come sept 25. oh boy..I'm just going to be sending pictures of myself to myself over and over again.suck it att :)

They deserve it. Late summer is defiantly not sept 25. That would be every kid that started school last week are in "summer" school

23. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

You realize that it costs AT&T NOTHING when you send a SMS/MMS or when you make a phone call or use data, correct? You are paying a monthly fee to them so that they can recoup the costs of building their network. The same thing goes for your satellite or cable provider. You don't penalize them by WATCHING your television more.

Sending tons of MMS messages unnecessarily doesn't affect AT&T's bottom line in the slightest and all it does is congest your cell tower and potentially affect other users. Not that a single person can have that kind of effect anyway.

This is the stupidest thread I've ever read. Get a life people.

24. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

So say you do crash the towers. Who suffers? All of us. Sounds like a great plan.

25. xanatos macrumors regular

No one has a sense of humor anymore?
    Do people not realize we're having fun.
    oh well back to another i have mms and im running on an iphone 1g with hacked carrier 1.4 running ipod software 2.1.14.2. on tmobile carrier jailbroken wtih cydia installed thread.