Plans for Giant inflatable Giant 'Trump Baby' could fly over London for president's visit

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
Honestly, not a big fan of using this as a form of protest. It just feels a tad bit immature.

But I do see it as political satire and I respect (and love) that. Anyone in London from PRSI? Post a video here for us (I'm sure the media outlets and YT and Instagram and Twitter and Snapchat will have this covered, but it'd be cooler if a PRSI member shared the video).

Reactions: Apple OC and VulchR

Falhófnir

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2017
Luckily President Trump will be largely avoiding London so he won’t have to see too much of this rather cringeworthy spectacle that shames us all. Honestly I don’t know what London is coming to, it seems to have completely lost all dignity and class in recent years. At the end of the day he is still a diplomat and the sitting elected president of one of our allied countries and should be treated with the respect that a guest in that position -indeed any guest to our country- is due. Have your protest march, wave your placards, but go for the ball, not the man.

You know I’m certain this is the sort of snotty, churlish behaviour from the rabid left that put off a lot of moderates and led to Trump being elected in the first place. Hopefully the coverage will show that outside of the M25 this country retains some respect, dignity and good manners.

Reactions: Vanilla Ice

Bug-Creator

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2011
Germany
At the end of the day he is still a diplomat and the sitting elected president of one of our allied countries and should be treated with the respect that a guest in that position -indeed any guest to our country- is due.
"Respect" goes both ways and this is rather tame compared to the insults&threats Trump has uttered to foreign leaders, whole countries and "civilian" individuals.

You may not like, you may not find it funny, but you may not deny that it is well deserved.

Falhófnir

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2017
"Respect" goes both ways and this is rather tame compared to the insults&threats Trump has uttered to foreign leaders, whole countries and "civilian" individuals.

You may not like, you may not find it funny, but you may not deny that it is well deserved.
This country has always prided itself on calm, dignified conduct, and this absolutely shatters that reputation. I wouldn’t care if London wished to show itself up, if it wouldn’t reflect poorly on the rest of us. Britain is usually the one rising above the petty diplomatic squabbles to focus on the important issues. We don’t shy away from telling foreign leaders when we disagree with their policies, but we always avoid insulting them. That is what respect is, and unfortunately respect doesn’t seem to be taught inside the M25 any more. These people are in for a shock if they think this will change anything - if anything it will probably make trump dig his heels in further. But of course it’s not about changing anything, it’s about this ridiculous shallow virtue signalling.

So the question is where were these people when Erdogan visited a couple of months back? Do people really believe Trump is worse? The level of education inside the M25 must be more base than I had imagined if so. If you oook back over even the recent decades I doubt Trump would make the top 20 despotic, objectionable leaders we have hosted.