Plans for tonight...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jian, Sep 19, 2013.

1. jian macrumors regular

So my plan is to go to the "ATT or Apple" around 3-4AM, or perhaps 5 in the morning and wait in line until the store opens around 8, and get my shiny new 16G gold iphone, or space grey as back up if gold isn't available.
    Since I live in Las Vegas, I think there shouldn't be a lot of people. There are about 6-7 ATT stores in town and 3 Apple stores.

My concern is if I should go ATT in the morning and risk for not having any 5S at all, or should I just go to Apple?
    I am doing a cross upgrade, basically I will have to order my phone under the extra line, and then call ATT to switch the IMEI to my own number, not sure if I can even do that at Apple store..can I?

Any how, what are y'all plans? besides actually having a life and go sleep around 10 and wake up at 7 and go to work?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

That's my plan. I'll swing by my local AT&T store on the way to work and see what they have available. I'm not waiting in any line.

3. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

There won't be any left by the time you get there. My AT&T store has 40 iPhone 5S's and I am already in line right now with three people ahead of me.

4. jian thread starter macrumors regular

Well I don't get out of work until 8, so I can't do anything ATM. but where do you live? I mean, I am in vegas and nobody seemed to care about the new iphone here, not anybody that i know...

5. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

Ohh I see. That sucks. People will come out for it though. I'm in the burbs of Atlanta

6. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

Having known people that worked jobs and didn't have a life, lol.. anyway!

I kinda want a 16gb gold iphone, sounds like I won't be able to get one anywhere :(

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

So you're saying that for the greater Las Vegas area, nobody cares about the new iPhone or will stand in line for it? Especially when each locations will get very few. Gluck with that!

8. stretch80 macrumors regular

stretch80

I'm just gonna order online at midnight. Hopefully there won't be a delay of 7-10 days as soon as it goes live but if it does I'll just have to wait.

9. WestCoastPro macrumors newbie

Drinking and ordering my phone at midnight. Nothing special.

10. stretch80 macrumors regular

stretch80

Haha! Nice... My plan as well!

11. eoblaed, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

I don't know where this concept came from that doing something like camping out in line equates to no life.

I'm camping out in line because I can. I can afford to. I have the flexibility and the disposable cash in my life to do something like this and I enjoy the experience. Isn't that living life?

My name is eoblaed, I have a life, and I'm staying the night in line.

12. Omen87 macrumors regular

Omen87

Haha, that's funny. My schedule just worked out so that I'm off tomorrow. When I get off tonight, going to drive past my Verizon store, see what's happening there. Then check back later if there's no activity when I get off.

13. Eallan macrumors 6502

This is the part that blows my mind.

14. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

I never waited overnight but I did get to an apple store super early one year. It really was an "experience" and the atmosphere was very fun. Everyone was excited, multiple restaurants (starbucks, bagel place, etc) were walking around with breakfast for everyone.

It really was fun, I have to admit it. I'm sure not for everyone but I would do it again.

Oh, and i'm a 40+ year old professional woman (VERY busy life)... not a young kid with no responsibility.

15. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

Exactly. It's that whole attitude of "I don't like doing X therefore if you like doing X you're a loser/weird/stupid/gullible/a fool." Have fun!!! :-D

16. phr34k macrumors member

Where you at, ITP or OTP?

17. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

That's ok.

I can't figure out how anyone can drink beer with a straight face or enjoy country music.

I also do extreme endurance events and enjoy the hell out myself while doing them. I know full well there's a lot of people that wouldn't consider that an entertaining use of one's time.

These differences are one of the many things that make this world interesting.

18. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Little did the OP know just four short hours ago...

19. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Drinking a few brews while I wait in line and watch movies on my iPad. Getting a big cup from AM PM to drink out of and we're good !lol

20. knoxtown macrumors 6502

In a little college town with 20,000 people in it, at the moment. Cruised by the At&t and Verizon store, no one at either! Just going to keep driving by every hour or so (5 minutes from the house), and see how it goes. I talked to employees at the At&t store over the past couple days. Spoke to three different people, they each said about the shipment:

1.) 4 16gb black, 1 32gb black, 1 16gb white (silver)
    2.) 4 16gb black, 4 32gb black, 1 16gb white (silver)
    3.) 2 16gb black, 2 32gb black, 1 16gb white (silver)

So... I'll keep watching movies and checking in, I think as long as I'm 2nd in line, I'm good.

Happy Hunting to all of you! :apple: