Plastic band between glass and bezel?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KisakiSama, Oct 5, 2012.

1. KisakiSama macrumors member

KisakiSama

I didn't want to be one of "those people", and to be honest I'm hesitant about even posting here, but I'm at a loss. I'm not even sure how this happened, but when cleaning my phone this morning I noticed that somehow there's a small chunk (about as wide as the front camera lens) missing from this tiny plastic band and it's starting to peel away at the top. I'm worried that it'll just peel off completely in its current state. I haven't dropped it, only used it normally (with a semi-cheap hard plastic case that covers most of the sides, keeping it mostly either in my purse or pocket), so I'm at a bit of a loss.

My question is: Do you think there's anything I can do about it? I don't have AppleCare+, so am I just SOL? Does anyone have any insight? :(

Attached Files:

2. eleite macrumors regular

eleite

Are you within 30 days of receiving the item? If so drop what you're doing and run back to the Apple store for a replacement.

3. grumpycompuprof macrumors newbie

Even if you're out of that range, go to the Apple store as this seems to be a manufacturing defect.

4. Charadis, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012

Charadis macrumors 6502a

Take it back to the Apple store and request a replacement. This is a manufacturer defect, and should be covered under warranty if everything you've said is true.

-C

5. KisakiSama thread starter macrumors member

KisakiSama

Thanks for the insight! I'll swing by Apple after work and see what they say.

6. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

Don't worry about being one of "those people" because people have returned and complained about issues a lot less serious than this. Go return that ASAP, I've never seen an iPhone do that!