Plastic Rim on iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SR71, Sep 16, 2013.

1. SR71, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

SR71 macrumors 68000

Does the iPhone 5 have the plastic rim around the edge of the display like the iPhone 4/4S did? I'm asking this because I plan on buying the white/silver 5S and my mom has the white 4S and has taken very good care of it. Even still, the little plastic rim around the display has become a dirty brownish color that is definitely noticeable.

So does the iPhone 5 have this as well? Also, if you have a white iPhone 5, is the plastic rim around the display dirty (if there is one, I've checked pictures but can't accurately tell if there is one or not)?

2. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Yes, the white iPhone 5 suffers from the same problem

3. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

4. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Yeah, it does. I'd get the black version then to avoid this mess.

5. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Damn. So the black scuffs and the white gets dirty. I think I'm still going to stick with the white since I've never had a white phone. Hopefully giving it a monthly cleaning with some rubbing alcohol or bleach will clean it up.

6. Charadis macrumors 6502a

My white Verizon iPhone 5 32GB will be a year since I've had it this Friday, and I've yet to notice any yellowing on the white rim.

I am reasonably careful with my phone, and it stays pretty clean, but I don't clean it much besides a wipe down with my fingers or quick wipe with shirt. Given, I have full body skin on it, but it does not cover the rim. Sent from my iPhone.

Attached Files: