Play music from apple watch (series 1 or 2) to wireless headphones?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by blast87, Sep 8, 2016.

1. blast87 macrumors member

Not sure if this is a stupid question, but can you play music directly from the apple watch (series 1 or 2) without an iPhone nearby/connected?

They mentioned in the keynote that the series 2 will have a gps in it so you can run without your iPhone. I would like to run/workout without my iPhone but still have my music with me. So my ideal set up would be have the series 2 and play to wireless headphones. Can you store a few playlists on the watch and play from there?

2. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

Yes you can store up to 250 songs on your watch. I've been using mine like a wireless iPod nano at the gym, connecting to my Bluetooth headphones.

3. galahan macrumors member

How about podcasts and audiobooks? Looks like there's was a workaround for adding podcasts through iTunes but wondering if it can be done directly these days.

4. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

For Podcast you can use app from Marco Armant for example. It's working with AW. Not sure what it is called.

5. AppleRobert macrumors 603

My playlist syncs never complete, finally got one to go to 99% but then just goes to sync pending afterwards.

So one song on the playlist was missing. No biggie so I created a new playlist and added different songs. Same thing, 99% and then shows playlist pending sync message again for that one.

I go back to the first playlist and it was completely empty and said to add songs. What the ....

6. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

You can sync only one playlist to Apple Watch. If you're syncing too many songs you should make sure you have allowed the biggest space for it. You can check that on Watch app on iPhone.

7. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Thanks, I went to 2GB and will just dump everything I want into 1 playlist and see if it will load all the songs within that space limitation.