Played-Out Names

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 9, 2002
Lets look at some of the names Apple is using for its products. First we have "PowerMac". That name outdates not only G3s, but also gigabyte HDs! Isnt it about time for an "UltraMac" or something like that?

And how about "Macintosh" do you think Apple will ever release another computer not called Macintosh?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Re: Played-Out Names

Originally posted by Chaszmyr
Isnt it about time for an "UltraMac" or something like that?
I sure hope not! "UltraMac" sounds awful! :p
Personally I like PowerMac, as an official name, but then of course you have each generations alternate names....SawTooth, QuickSilver etc.

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
I think Apple has overused the word power in their products. Powermac, Powerbook, Powerschool, PowerCD, etc. Why can't they think up really cool names like Quadra?:rolleyes:

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Originally posted by topicolo
I think Apple has overused the word power in their products. Powermac, Powerbook, Powerschool, PowerCD, etc. Why can't they think up really cool names like Quadra?:rolleyes:
Hey, I liked the quadra name. It really meant something (68040) and it was quite catchy.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
how about let's leave them the way they are UNLESS something completely new comes out...though i think maybe the emac should be called imac and the lcd imacs should have a different name..."ilamp" was the first name that i heard anyone say when we watched the keynote...ha ha...at least it's still nicer looking that the "ugly powermacs" (4-port dualies)