Player with Down Syndrome kicked off team because of age.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by tktaylor1, Aug 10, 2011.

1. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

2. tjb1 macrumors 68000

I think I would go to yahoo and read it for myself if I cared :)

3. 184550 Guest

Rules are rules; it's an organized, High School varsity team, not a pick up game down the street.

If you start bending the rules for one person with special circumstances, how many other people do you invite to plead their case?

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

First thing first you need to know why the age rule is in place. It is to deal with physical developmental reason. Down Syndrome or not there body developed just like everyone else and males do not fully finish growing until around 20-21. It would be an unfair edge if they allowed an 19 year old to play. Not that this kid makes a huge difference but bend the rules once you will run into parents who will hold their kid back in earlier grades for no other reason that to let them get bigger for HS football.

While I do not like how it effects the player I fully support the rule and the logic behind it. It is one of those times were the the rule kind of sucks in some people it catches but it is a good rule.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think it is a good decision. The boy should not be allowed to play.

6. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Agreed, i think the rule is fair. This should not be an exception.