Playing a Movie as my Morning Alarm??????????????

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HappyDude20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I currently use "Alarm Clock 2" as my morning alarm and it's great cause it allows me to choose any song, or audiobook as my morning alarm...however can't choose any films.

I'd love to wake up every morning to one of my files on my Movies folder, or even iTunes movies Folder, or even Podcasts...

How can I achieve this?

I would absolutely love it if I can choose one of my Arrested Development episodes on my movies folder on my Mac to wake me up in the mornings...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

2. devburke Guest

Oh man, I love Arrested Development, but that’s too busy for me to wake up to.

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

4. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

You do know that a $12 bedside alarm clock will get the job done just as well, right? it also does not have fans that spin at 6500rpm nor does its internal temperature rival that of an October solar flare.

5. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Yeah no it won't. Back when I was young I used to have my TV wake me up, usually some morning news show...but it got the job done. Something different everyday and i'd get up...

Earlier this year I used my cell phone to ring in the mornings, which was okay but i usually got up like 15 minutes after it rang. Then I bought an alarm clock at Ikea which could prerecord any song you want, which worked okay..but still isnt the whole TV thing waking me up.

I remember in high school I used to have my DVD player turn on and play a random episode of Seinfeld every morning. That got me up within 2 minutes...

Aurora works great, but its not free....oh well.