Playing DiVX movies- no sound

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
howdy everyone, i have a small problem with playing divx movies. i got the player from divx.com, and when i go to open a divx movie, quicktime opens and the video plays fine. only problem is there is no sound. has anyone else had this problem? is there a better codec i should get? any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2002
it's called Divx Validator, get it off Versiontracker.com, the audio may not sync properly, if it doesn't (*you have to have QT Pro) go to "Extract Tacks" in QT, then seperately extract the audio and the video tracks, and then select all the video, copy it, adn then say "Add Scaled" and it should work. Sorry if I'm not so clear, i jsut got home, it's been a long day. Personal message me if you need anymore help with DivX

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
just get Video Lan Client form versiontracker, it's the easiest no-fuss way to play all DivX and avi files, with sound!:)

trust me, you don't want to mess around with getting codecs for Quicktime.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
there are a million ways to watch divX on macs, some work, others don't. DivX validator works on most for me. Putting some files i downloaded into my application helpers folder for quicktime (or some folder like that) worked too.