Playlist still reversed in iOS 5.0 GM

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Skydivincoastie, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Skydivincoastie macrumors member

Anyone notice that this wasn't fixed from Beta 7? I just went into my playlist, and revealed that my music is still showing from oldest to newest, even though in iTunes I have it set from Newest to Oldest...

2. DigitalLifeDad macrumors newbie

Same here. No idea why.

Restored to iOS 5 GM today. Setup everything up again without restoring from a backup.
    Sync playlists with latest iTunes and still all the playlists are reversed on the iPhone.

Must be a bug, but I hope this gets fixed soon.
    They always seem to have issues with playlists around the launch of a new iOS.

3. DaLurker macrumors 6502

I'm having the same issue here, although not for all my playlists.

The only playlist that exhibits this problem is my "5 Star" smart playlist that is sorted via Date Added.

My other smart playlists sorted by Album, and my regular albums are all fine.

I'm going to do a bit more testing tonight, but I think it might be related to sorting via Date added for me, since my "5 Star" playlist also sorts properly on my iPhone when sorting by Album.

4. tlginter, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011

tlginter macrumors newbie

iphone playlist

I always sort my playlists by rating and they have not been in the right order. Just as a test I sorted one playlist by album and that one playlist synced perfectly (the rest are still in some unknown order). Maybe its a rating thing??? I really hope it gets fixed but maybe this info will help....