Playlists and Photo Albums not shown after sync with new Mac?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hard Rock Cafe, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Hard Rock Cafe macrumors newbie

Apr 2, 2012
    Hi everyone, need help from all of you with regards to playlists and photo albums in iPhone.

Apologize for being long-winded, I hope I am being clear so that all of you can provide a solution as this is the first time I change form PC to Mac.

First of all, I transferred the “iTunes” folder from my old computer to new Mac using a flash storage. When iTunes opened, it looks the same as what I have on my old computer. After which, I connect my iPhone to the Mac but to my surprise, iTunes did not prompt me to erased all the contents in the Phone as I understand an iPhone can only sync with one computer an will erased when attempting to connect to a second computer. 1. So anyone and advise if my iTunes is working or syncing properly?

What I did after that was I authorized the Mac and transferred purchase. Then I proceed to do a manual backup and restore the backup which I have just made. After the restore, I sync songs, photo, podcasts and apps but I noticed the sync was done very fast like nothing was done at all. 2. I am suspecting that iTunes did not sync the contents to the iPhone at all?

So I check in my iPhone, I found out that photo album I created previously was not shown in Photo, but instead all my picture appear in the default “Image” folder. But when I check the Picture folder in Mac, they are still in their various folder. ( I have done this on a PC and the album shown up without any problem) 3. So anyone can guide me how I can get the album to work in iPhone again?

Lastly, I have also replaced the duplicate songs with the newer added ones because I really can’t find these whole lot of songs with “Exclamation points” appear beside them. For the duplicated songs, I have a number playlist for them but no matter what I put in this folder with the newer added one, the songs just do not appear in the playlist after sync. I have also deleted and create the same playlist using different name and putting the same songs but still, no songs is shown in iPhone inside this playlist Other non-duplicated songs with their playlists are working fine just this. 4. So how can I get back this playlist with the songs in them?

Other than that, everything was fine.

I really need solution to get me going. I hope you guys can really help me on this.

Thanks in advance,
  2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jul 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    You made sure you checked the photo albums and playlists?
  3. Hard Rock Cafe thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 2, 2012
    Yes, I have been checking but still, in the playlists, the re-added duplicated songs still did not show up. It's still a empty playlist.

Still not solve yet, anyone can help me on this?