Please advise: 1st time iPhone buyer with credit question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RadiantOne, Sep 14, 2012.

1. RadiantOne macrumors newbie

Very excited about my new iPhone 5! Purchased a white 32G through the Apple Store at 12:39 PST. My concern is the credit check. At what point do they run it? I went with At&t by the way. I'm not concerned about paying a deposit and am willing to do so. Kind of expect my credit to not be good enough to be approved without a deposit.

Does the fact that I was able to successfully complete my purchase and received an email confirmation stating 'available to ship: Delivers 9/21' mean anything? Or could it be cancelled due to the credit check? Just want to confirm that I will in fact be receiving my iPhone 5 on 9/21. They can't cancel my pre-order or delay shipping if I'm required to pay a deposit (assuming I am ready to pay up if/when they contact me about it) can they?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You know, I don't think I've ever seen this asked before here but I could be wrong. I assume when you go to activate is when they will run you. Apple retail can't or does not run credit to my knowledge. I would call up AT&T and ask.

3. jlluna macrumors 6502

I dont think so. If you already have your email saying its ordered i think you will be fine.

4. sleepness macrumors newbie

They check your credit before your order runs through, when it says Processing Service Eligibility. If it didn't come up with a deposit at checkout, you don't have one.

5. RadiantOne thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick replies. Can breathe a little bit easier now. :)