Please can you help me decipher what kind of iphone i have - iLiberty issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by igmolinav, Jul 19, 2008.

1. igmolinav macrumors 65816

Hi,

My uncle gave me and my sister his older iPhone before upgrading to the new iPhone 3G. I have to activate and unlock the phone with iLiberty.

I have recently DFUed it, because I think I didn't do well the last time I used iLiberty. So I want to make things right now on when installing software and/or applications. Now that it has been DFUed, I can only see that the firmware is 1.1.4. However, I would like to know the original firmware and Boot Loader it came with, so I can decide when unlocking it, if I only "Unlock" or if I also "Unlock it with 3.9FB".

If I write the following info, can you tell me what is the original Firmware and Boot loader it came with:

Model Number: A1203
    FCC ID: BCGA 1203
    IMEI No.: 011472006748667

Kind regards,

igmolinav

2. The General macrumors 601

I believe you have an "Apple" iPhone.

It will probably tell you the storage capacity somewhere on the back. :rolleyes:

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Information is in this thread...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=457556

You actually have to provide the serial number, not the IMEI, to tell which bootloader/baseband/firmware shipped on it. The third digit tells you the year (7 for 2007, 8 for 2008) and the fourth and fifth digits tell you the week number.

4. The General macrumors 601

I wouldn't provide the serial number though. Kick it back into regular mode and instead of using iLiberty, use Pwnage. ;)