Please clap

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DUCKofD3ATH, Mar 15, 2016.

1. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

This is delicious:

Hillary staffer struggles to fire up unenthusiastic fans
    Maybe they were there because it was free. Maybe they were there because it was air-conditioned.

Video from a holding area for Hillary Clinton rally attendees in Orlando, Florida shows a long line of people completely disinterested in joining in chants for the candidate.

In a gymnasium at Rollins College, a woman in a campaign t-shirt stood on the bleachers and began clapping in an attempt to lead the people in pro-Hillary cheers.

“I believe that she will win,” she chanted, trying to get the crowd to join. Only a smattering did.

Most stood with their hands in their pockets, chatted with a neighbor or browsed their phones. A man with a Bernie Sanders t-shirt laughed with another attendee.

But the campaign worker was undeterred.

“I say Hillary, you say fire!” the woman chanted. “Hillary, Fire!” she said.

Most of the people weren’t on fire for Hillary.

“When I say Hillary, you say champion!”

If this unenthusiastic crowd is any indication, it may be a long election day for the current Democratic front runner.
    Watch the video, it shows why Hillary won't be able to generate enthusiasm in her voters. Gonna be awful lonesome for Democrats at the polls this November.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

hope she is indeed in "fire" :p
    looks pretty empty.

3. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Trump will fire her if it comes to that.

4. 1458279 Suspended

Hey! That's MY video from the other thread!

Actually the problem they got the words backwards... It was supposed to be Fire Hillary... not Hillary Fire.

That video really does say it all. Looks like an 80's movie nerd dance spot where the cool people never showed up.

5. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Yeah, I saw it after I posted this topic. She's everybody's nightmare mother-in-law.

Even her supporters on PRSI don't do much supporting.

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

Whoever showed are probably their to listen to a hoarse, air-gasping cougharama.

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

No one is very enthusiastic about her, but at this point Sanders is too far behind to have a realistic shot at taking the nomination from her. When it comes down to it if it is Clinton vs Trump in the fall it will be a very low turnout election. I think Clinton would get it since a good number of Sanders supporters will turn out reluctantly to vote for her to stop Trump, while a good amount of the 2/3rds of the Republican Party will stay at home rather than vote for Trump. Of course if Trump gets denied the nomination and goes third party, or the rest of the Republican Party decides to go for a third party candidate then there will be good turnout, but the vote on the right will be too split to stop Clinton.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

9. chown33 macrumors 604

If the vote really gets split, it might prolong the circus election season. If Clinton doesn't get a majority of electoral votes, then it goes to the House. That could make for some strange bed-fellows, as the old saying goes.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It certainly would be interesting, and probably our best chance for a good president as the house would likely have to compromise with moderate republicans and democrats getting together to bypass the tea party. That said I think splitting the Republican vote would result in Clinton taking all the swing states. In some of the south she might come in third, but she would end up with a majority of electoral votes.

Out of curiosity of it does get split enough to go to the house and the tea party, and establishment republicans can't settle on a candidate does anyone know what happens. Do you just need a plurality of the house or would someone have to get an actual majority?

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

200 delegates is not an insurmountable number. Now, if you for some reason count super delegates as if they won't go where the popular vote goes, you'd be right. But in that case we'd be talking about an unprecedented event in delegate counts.

12. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

If that one event is truly representative of the whole of the electorate, then Trump will have an easy victory. It'll be scary if his supporters, who've been violent so far, end up getting disappointed. They would probably turn on him in the same way, which is even more scary.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 15, 2016 ---
    It's too easy and erroneous to guess. I've heard Democrats say they would vote for Trump, and Republicans grudgingly voting for Trump. Or people on either side not voting.

Nobody knows until it happens, hyperbolic speculation is all we're all doing.

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

When delegates are awarded proportionately it is. Especially since Sanders hasn't been able to win minority voters which make up a large part of the democratic voter base.

14. chown33 macrumors 604

The procedure is outlined here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elect...ssion_of_Congress_and_the_contingent_election

It's not just that one heading; keep reading the headings "Contingent presidential election by House" and so on through "Deadlocked chambers".

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Set a reminder in your calendar to two months from now, let's revisit the conversation then. ;)

16. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

17. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I hope I'm wrong as I'd love Sanders to get in over Clinton. But I'm going to be realistic and say it won't happen.

18. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I think we're only beginning to see a massive decline in Clinton support as she continues to be called out on her self inflicted errors.

But we'll see

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

hope she does not make it to the nomination.

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I don't think you'll find another progressive more disillusioned with the trap that is this two party system than I. Every day I hope she says another statement foot firmly in mouth showing to her own supporters how disingenuous she is and they will see where the real deal is.

21. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Clear evidence you can't trust her. You've gone from never seeing your team win a title in your lifetime to being alive for 17 of them.

[​IMG]

22. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Gets countersued for failing to recognize ironic quoting of failed Republican candidate.

23. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Hillary has helped to kill and destroy the lives of more people than 100,000 Trumps.

24. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

id just steel the pitchfork and then force him in either one
    --- Post Merged, Mar 15, 2016 ---
    realism is overrated though :|

25. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5