Please help a newbie out. What is going on with my 12 day old iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Unspoken Demise, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

So I was sitting in my room playing with pandora. It was really dark in my room because I had just woken up from a nap and it's now 10:30 ish here. I pulled the left side of my case out (it's kinda like silicone) and I noticed that between the screen and Crome bezel there is light showing. :confused: it's not a solid line either. It's like sporadic little lines. My phone hasn't been dropped or mishandled. It's not like this on the top bottom or right hand side of my phone, but it's definetly there on the left side.

Is this what everyone is calling a "light leak?" is it a problem? I've only had my phone for 12 days. Should I get a genius appt? My phone is so new. What's going on? Please please help me.

2. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Although this is an OLD topic and you could had searched to find the answer;

1.) Yes it sounds like a light leak

2.) It is a cosmetic issue. (and really if you can only notice it in the dark does it matter)

3.) There is variable success exchanging the phone depending where you are.

4.) People often report there replacement phone has the same issue.

Does my phone have a light leak? I don't know 'cause I've never climbed it to a dark closet to have a look.

3. Unspoken Demise thread starter macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Hmm. Well that's by bad. I was just so worried I went to my living room to post this on my iPhone. Thank you for the quick response.

Is this really common? The phone runs fine. Like you said it's cosmetic. It's just kind of the matter of principal. The phone is only 12 days old. It's pretty disappointing.