Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oleus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
I was experimenting with my mini hooked up to my 4K tv via hdmi and switched to “default display settings” and now I have no video output after the login screen. How can I switch this back !!!!????

I was able to connect it to another 4K tv and change the setting there but when I plug it back into the Lgtv it must be remembering the other settings, still no video.

Last edited by a moderator:

oleus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
I was experimenting with my mini hooked up to my 4K tv via hdmi and switched to “default display settings” and now I have no video output after the login screen. How can I switch this back !!!!????

I was able to hook it up to another 4K tv and change the settings but every time I hook it back up to the main tv it must be remembering the settings, and still no more video output after the login screen.

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
I was able to hook it up to another 4K tv and change the settings but every time I hook it back up to the main tv it must be remembering the settings, and still no more video output after the login screen.
It seems weird that apple doesn’t have something like windows to go back to the previous setting if the new one doesn’t work.

saulinpa

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2008
One way you should be able to create a new user and stop using the old account. I'm wondering if you could replace Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist or similar.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in. That should force them to renegotiate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.