Please help - changed mini’s display settings now no video

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by oleus, Dec 22, 2018.

1. oleus, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2018

oleus macrumors newbie

I was experimenting with my mini hooked up to my 4K tv via hdmi and switched to “default display settings” and now I have no video output after the login screen. How can I switch this back !!!!????

I was able to connect it to another 4K tv and change the setting there but when I plug it back into the Lgtv it must be remembering the other settings, still no video.

2. oleus thread starter macrumors newbie

I was able to hook it up to another 4K tv and change the settings but every time I hook it back up to the main tv it must be remembering the settings, and still no more video output after the login screen.

3. harriska2 macrumors 65816

harriska2

It seems weird that apple doesn’t have something like windows to go back to the previous setting if the new one doesn’t work.

4. saulinpa macrumors 6502a

One way you should be able to create a new user and stop using the old account. I'm wondering if you could replace Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist or similar.

5. harriska2 macrumors 65816

harriska2

Have you tried to boot into recovery mode to see if there is a video setting option?

6. chabig macrumors 603

Unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in. That should force them to renegotiate.