Please help me find a suitable iPhone 3GS car holder for my Fiat 500.. (pics inside!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mgpg89, Jul 4, 2009.

1. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

I'm looking for a good iPhone 3GS car holder to use in my Fiat 500.

I plug my iPhone into a USB port down here ... (not a picture of my 500)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... so a cable has to run down there.
    So I reckon the most 'stylish' solution would be to cradle it in a cup holder mount that's located right next to the USB port, but that would render it useless when I'll be using my iPhone as a navigation device along with the upcoming TomTom software.

The USB port will power the device AND let me gain access to its music library to play through the car's stereo system ...

So now I just need a convenient, stylish place to put it... suggestions?

Maybe even a cradle/mount/car dock that lets you attach your own iPhone sync cable to it? (don't know if that exists, though ...)

Thanks in advance! ;)

2. Aurial macrumors 6502

Have you considered a Brodit solution?

Their holders come in two seperate parts which you buy individually. They do a variety of what they call mounts, which is the part which holds your device/satnav/whatever. You then buy a 'clip' which is sort of a mounting bracket which the mount attaches to. These are individually designed for each car, and you will find that they have three or four different ones for your car so you can mount it in different places.

I'm not associated with them in any way, but have been using them for a long time. They're a bit pricey, but you really are getting the beat mounting solution out there. If you ever change phones you only have to change the mount section.

Have a look at www.dsl-developments.com and that should give you some idea. I'm not sure that they'll ship from that site to Belgium, but you can take a look and get an idea.

3. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Wow, these actually look really interesting ... I'll look into them when I have some more time ... Thanks a lot!

In the meanwhile, if you have another suggestion, please don't hesitate to post it here as well.