Please HELP!!! Neither Apple nor AT&T would take back my brand new iPhone 6 Plus!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by itsmenic212, Nov 4, 2014.

1. itsmenic212 macrumors newbie

I just got a brand new iPhone 6 Plus 128GB in the mail on Halloween Day that I ordered from AT&T. I couldn't restore the phone because it was asking me to update its software first. So I did. Then phone did not turn on even after chagrinning it overnight and froze at Apple logo screen! So I went to an Apple store and they replaced it with another iPhone. Now after using it, I realized I can't text with one hand and the phone is too big for me! I called AT&T if they can swap it with an iPhone 6 but they refused to because they want the original iPhone. Apple refused to return or swap it or even give me my original iPhone back! I'm stuck with this awfully HUGE iPhone that I don NOT want to use! What do I do? Please help!!!

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Apple refused it? What reason did they give? Did you go to the store? You need to bring the box and accessories back as well.

I had to return 2 iPhones within the return window, and did so with no issues.

3. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Go back to the Apple store and swap it for an iPhone 6. AT&T isn't going to help you at all with this.
    If you are within the 14 day window, they will take it back. Done it several times myself.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

Go back to Apple. You are well within the return period. Ask to speak to a manager if the associate won't swap it out.

5. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

This is unfortunate. Ask to speak to a store manager. I have done this myself. Last year I had a 5S and then swapped it for a service unit. I decided I didn't want a service unit and carried it back with the box and accessories. They located my original phone from the back of the store and processed the return. The Apple reps are all hit and miss; they will each tell you something different. Most of the time it's because they don't want to make the effort. Try and go back to the store ASAP.

6. 617aircav Suspended

Are you within 14 days since you received the original one, not the replaced one?

7. GoSh4rks macrumors 6502

Do any of you guys actually read? To summarize the OP:

OP receives phone bought from ATT on Oct 31.
    Phone is defective, so conducts warranty exchange with Apple.
    OP doesn't like the size of the plus, wants to return/exchange for a 6.
    ATT will not accommodate him because he doesn't have the original phone.

Apple has nothing to do with the handling of the return/exchange because he didn't buy it from them.

8. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Apple does have something to do with it, since she returned the defective unit to Apple. Both AT&T and Apple need to get together on this and figure out what the issue is. Also, OP needs to be less indecisive and maybe use the phone in store a bit before buying it.

9. GoSh4rks macrumors 6502

You can't blame the OP for trying to use the well advertised return policy.

Apple isn't going to do anything like you said. ATT is the problem here, not Apple.