Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

howareyoukk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2013
Hey guys, I really need some help with my monitor (vp2770) while I try to connect my macbook pro 15 inch (non-retina) with mini display port to display cable.

IMG_1468.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

thats basically what happens, I used the same mini display port to display cable connect to two different macbook pro 15 inch (non-retina) and they both appear to have some screen issues. HOWEVER, when I use the same cable to connect to my friend's macbook pro 13 inch(retina), it works perfectly, hence no red vertical lines or statics dots.

I run out of options here. I waited the monitor for 4 weeks and now it seems like its not working with macbook pro 15 inch? Or should I get another cable?

thank you all in advanced.

SkimMilk168

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2014
Singapore
Hey guys, I really need some help with my monitor (vp2770) while I try to connect my macbook pro 15 inch (non-retina) with mini display port to display cable.

View attachment 466335

View attachment 466336

thats basically what happens, I used the same mini display port to display cable connect to two different macbook pro 15 inch (non-retina) and they both appear to have some screen issues. HOWEVER, when I use the same cable to connect to my friend's macbook pro 13 inch(retina), it works perfectly, hence no red vertical lines or statics dots.

I run out of options here. I waited the monitor for 4 weeks and now it seems like its not working with macbook pro 15 inch? Or should I get another cable?

thank you all in advanced.

Based on your tests, the display cable appears to work. What I'd be thinking is your 15" output resolution. Try switching them after you connect and see what works?

howareyoukk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2013
Based on your tests, the display cable appears to work. What I'd be thinking is your 15" output resolution. Try switching them after you connect and see what works?

Hi, thanks for your reply first.

I did try to switch among different resolutions and the outcome is the same. If I switched to lower res, it basically just enlarge the monitor and let me see those red statics dots in a larger scale.

P.S those red statics dots are across the screen(at first I thought there were dusts), and those vertical lines appears to be on the top of the monitor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.